Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one who has been fishing recently anywhere along the grand stradn with a report? it has been somewhat quiet for the past week. Blues, spanish, spots, trout, or flounder being caught?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Beach Renourshiment starting in MB

It has been slow lately on a couple of piers that I have fished and to people I have talke to.

They have started beach nourshiment from 2nd ave pier to springmaid then I understand it will go from 2nd ave pier north to ????

The water has been dirty and what I read this has an effect on fishing...:fishing:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Was down last week and the spots were coming in on the piers and that was a hear say but I surf fished the Litchfield area and did pretty good on the whiteing, pompano and even summer trout..The blues were coming in two at a time............I hit the creeks at Pawleys and managed a few flounder and winter trout............water quality was all good............

·
Registered
19 Posts
Went this morning to Surfside Beach(5th Ave. South.) Fished within shouting distance of two other guys. Didn't see a single fish pulled up onto the beach all morning. Lots of seaweed and trash got drydocked though. Plenty of finger mullet in the surf and in the spillway.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Wife picked up an 18" spot tail tonight in the upper inlet; I picked up a 24" black drum (4-5#) last monday at the same place. Sporatic spots, medium blues still hitting in the inlet.

GCGuy.................

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i went fishing at hungitnton beach jetty yesturday, caught three blues on got-cha plug at the end of the jetty, a barely legal size red drum(14.9inches) on a jighead with shrimp, and my parents caught a some blues and weakfish on live mullet. also some spots of decent size were caught. not really worht the long walk. two guys were catchign sheepshead like every 15mintues. they caught two large oens and a couple mroe smaller ones.i tried fishing for sheeshead but ended up with the small drum. water was dirty and very weedy(those floating sticks things!)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Spent most of the afternoon up from 2nd ave pier and didn't have much luck. 1 small blue and 1 small flounder. No mullet in close so that did have an effect too. Tomorrow's another day.

Bob.

·
Registered
781 Posts
mullet started this afternoon in abundance. No problem getting them or finding small flounder. Did get a few "weakfish" this afternoon.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Things were slightly better yesterday.
A couple of trout, a few blues, a couple of small black sea bass,(near as I could tell) and a couple small flounder.
There was a couple of toad fish and aside from the entertainment, they don't count.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts