Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
I Love Gadgets

Fishermen have been inventing Gizmos like this, for as long as there have been fish.

I'm not sure any of them are worth a ??? Darn, but they sure are entertaining.

Surely, the archeologists of future civilizations, will be mystified by our obsession with the capture of fish.

Ain't it Grand !!!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
That reminds me of that "Auto Reel" that I first saw back in the sixties. Basically, it was a spring loaded reel that was supposed to reel in the fish automatically. I suppose the newest version automatically releases the fish. Sort of takes out the human element doesn't it.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Yo-Yo

can't fish today said:
That reminds me of that "Auto Reel" that I first saw back in the sixties. Basically, it was a spring loaded reel that was supposed to reel in the fish automatically. I suppose the newest version automatically releases the fish. Sort of takes out the human element doesn't it.
We called them Yo-Yo's and they were pretty useful in freshwater lakes with lots of brush.

We would bait them with minnows and blood bait in about a 100 yard circle (This was at Caddo Lake in East Texas) and then just sit in the circle and wait.

Your would hear "CLICK-- WHIIIIIIIIRRRRRRR" and there would be poor ole Mr. Catfish or Mr. RedEar Brim.

Caught a 5 ft Gar using blood bait on one. Those suckers have some NASTY teeth!

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts