Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Down for the week, looking to see if any locals could provide location tips for surf fishing, just looking to catch fish with my 8 & 10 year old boys. Tried Garden City pier on Sat in the wind (1 whiting). Tried the South End of Pawley's this morning for a few hours (a few small hits). Staying in Surfside, any help appreciated. Hopefully now that the wind is laying down, the fishing will pick up.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Looks like Chocolate Milk with Whitecaps out there today. Looks like we could clear up by wed or thurs. The spot in surfside is down by the holiday inn. Most locals fish south of the GC pier. GL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm staying at MB Resorts, right next to (south) Lakewood campgrounds. How do you get on the beach south of the GC pier. I was told it is all private access and that if you go to the North jetty and the tide comes in you're screwed. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
682 Posts
The walk down is no problem. Did it this morning for excercise. Don't sweat the tide but if you're worried then plan your trip with the tides. I got stuck once when I absolutely had to leave and just walked through the gated neighborhood. Those houses are all empty right now and the door guy is a pleasant old guy who understands. I'll send you a PM about wed or thurs.

Dan

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
the place you all are describing is porbably the only popular fishing spot that i have never fished at. i fish from pawlyes isladn and huntington beach most of the time. the last 2 tiems at huntington, ppl not taking the walk to the jetty were catching decent number of bluefish from the open surf using mullet as bait.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts