Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Down for the week, looking to see if any locals could provide location tips for surf fishing, just looking to catch fish with my 8 & 10 year old boys. Tried Garden City pier on Sat in the wind (1 whiting). Tried the South End of Pawley's this morning for a few hours (a few small hits). Staying in Surfside, any help appreciated. Hopefully now that the wind is laying down, the fishing will pick up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm staying at MB Resorts, right next to (south) Lakewood campgrounds. How do you get on the beach south of the GC pier. I was told it is all private access and that if you go to the North jetty and the tide comes in you're screwed. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
682 Posts
The walk down is no problem. Did it this morning for excercise. Don't sweat the tide but if you're worried then plan your trip with the tides. I got stuck once when I absolutely had to leave and just walked through the gated neighborhood. Those houses are all empty right now and the door guy is a pleasant old guy who understands. I'll send you a PM about wed or thurs.

Dan

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
the place you all are describing is porbably the only popular fishing spot that i have never fished at. i fish from pawlyes isladn and huntington beach most of the time. the last 2 tiems at huntington, ppl not taking the walk to the jetty were catching decent number of bluefish from the open surf using mullet as bait.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts