Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this board and would like to go pier fishing this weekend. Was thinking about NB but, board says, crowd seems too rowdy and large. Is this correct? :)Alternative would be Matapeake Pier or SPSP. What's the best time or day and place to go for best results? We like croakers and rocks, bnut any good size fish will do. Any help on good piers and days/times will be appreciated. How about bait? What kind?
Thanks. :confused:

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
I think your best bet is to fish the beach from SPSP using bloodworms.
Your next best bet is Metapeake with same bait.
After that, any pier you can find other than NB. Do not even attempt the NB pier on the weekend.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks HuskyMD.

IF we go to Matapeake or SPSP what time should we arrive and is there a cost involved with either place? How are they biting there?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
newfisher-I'll be at SPSP tomarrow morning early until mid day,theres a cost to get into SP( I think $1.00 before 6am and the last time I went after 6am it was $4.00 aperson) I don't know for sure,someone else should know.Matapeake you pay for parking around $3.00 a car. The choice bait is bloodworms for Rock & croaker(squid soaked in peeler oil will catch croaker)weekends at Matapeake pier are a "ZOO",unless it's raining then you might have a chance to fish where you want on the pier.I think around May 17th or sooner SPSP will be opened 24/7. :D :D TRIGGER

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
The $1 entrance fee before 6 AM for SPSP is only in effect once they go 24/7 on May 16th. Othewise, it is $4.00 per person until then.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If I remember the sign on the door - I think it is 6 am Mon - Thurs and 5 am Fri - Sun.

FYI - Check your bloods - I got a bag of scrawny half-dead worms this weekend that was basically a waste of money - the rest of the bags were fat and tasty.

·
Registered
681 Posts
In the weekend, be sure to buy bloodworms before coming to the pier. i met many anglers at matapeake who could not get the bloodworms, because it was all soldout, and didn't have a chance of landing any fish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts