Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Well plan on hitting on Assateague for an overnighter this saturday or an all nighter at PLO. Most of my trips are LONG and encompass the whole weekend and ususally about 300 miles of driving.:eek: The only time I really stay local is at the Narrows. I will let you know when we plan on going there again. Yesterday was a kind of spur of the moment thing.:cool:

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
AI, hopefully by three pm Friday (depends on traffic) until around four or five pm Saturday. As the weather chills the stripers get hotter. It's the time of the year (at least for me) to try and get there at least twice a month for overnighters, and day trips (or night) as time and schedule permit. Words of warning if this year is anything like last year, don't plan any outdoor activities Friday afternoon through Saturday afternoon (or anytime I post AI for an overnighter, bad charma), my fishing trips after planned generally call for wind wet and chill to say the least (despite what the outlook may predict). If any have outdoors plans during that time frame, please accept my apologiy:D

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Oh by the way fishinggirl, I have asked the fishingguys, and Mastercaster is first to go (what you doing Friday afternoon through Saturday afternoon MC?), so not to be sexest, if interested, and can get to AI, I can get you onto the beach for some fall striper. Can be a day trip, usually get one day off during the week, and usually get to catch something. Only thing for day trip is there has to be a meet up at the ORV area before seven am, as I like to be rigged and in the water by seven-thrty. Hopefully I stated this "politically correct".:(

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
doh! Sounded politically correct to me. ;) Shaggy check your pm's my friend :)

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Check, have bunker, Jeep but flip flops will be put away (at least at night) and will travel. By 3pm Fri I be at AI :cool:

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Thats right...Have bunker will travel:eek: :D

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
I'll be fishing the Narrows a lot in the near future, probably some next weekend. My girlfriend Julie almost always fishes with me so you won't be the only chick on the water... :p

P.S.: Hey Shaggy, did the red drum run on Assateague ever develop any steam? Didn't hear much this year.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Heard rumors of 50"+ and toping 60 lbs, and seen the picks (go to the contest thread for link). Other than that, I'll let you all know sometime Saturday night (depending on how my daughter's birthday party is going) or Sunday how we did. If FL shows up (errrr, I mean when) if anything happens he will post the pictures on his "New digital" camera that somehow has the same striper !

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
lol Yeah Flea the locals have been picking some up sporadically but don't think it has been as good a year as last with the drum run. Hopefully there is a couple out there waiting for us this weekend.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
sandflea

By the way, I apologize to you for my remarks to crabby on that thread. Just, never really seen a 60 pound rock, and he seems to take it a bit personal, as I do about stripers and AI, and "soaking bait". I was bad, so I will now go into the corner for my ten minute "quiet time".

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I was reading some OC fishing reports and they thought that the drum run was over until a few in the fifty inch range were caught and released sometime last week. They will probably be around for another 2 weeks or until it really gets cold. You just gotta hit the right days. Even with perfect conditions you may not catch one, or you may catch a lot. Just gotta keep trying. Wish I could join you guys but I will be fishing on the Morning Star that Saturday. Have fun and take lots of pics.
-Anthony

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Got Reds

If it all goes well I ethier be on the VA Barrier Islands surf fishing with 12' broomsticks or at the Cell(in the VA part of the Chessie offshore of Cape Charles).Ethier way I'm trying for big Red Drum.;)

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Jas

Not sounding bad (but things can and do change). Friday night mostly clear, winds North @ 6 temps low 42 degrees.

Saturday, mostly sunny, winds northeast @ 9, high 62. Sorry people, but if I'm going it can (and more than likely will change, grab your umbrellas).

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I will have my gortex top and bottom just in case! Along with snivel gear to boot.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yeah but a FL boy like me gets pretty cold up here in MD! I will be prepared.:)

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
:jawdrop:

Need I say more? Heck, I was born in "Bama", and well heck I ain't used to it but I am "adjusting". Might want a space heater. Seriously though, do be prepared and bring a couple of changes of cloths (and bring clothes you can layer, just in case), cause if you get wet, you get cold, and if you stay dry, you stay fishing semi-happy.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
You could be out there in shorts in 40 degree weather and be sweating if you got a 50" drum on the other end of your line. Just food for thought.
-Anthony

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Ahh, but it may take forty minutes to bring that baby in, what will we do to keep warm the rest of the night? Though thoughts like that do make for nice dreams and a warm bed.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts