Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the MD board they have a get together and NC also has a get together check the "CALENDAR". I was wondering if there anything like that for the P&S board member in VA? I'm more than glad to join. I would like to meet all our local fisherpersons. Who's running the show in the VA board here?

CrawFish

·
Registered
251 Posts
Don't know

Don't know who's running the board here, but my name is already posted on the OBX list for Dec.13th We're all family and the trip is not to far to drive for good fishing.

But,,,, there is no such thing as too much fishing-- so if the Virginians want to hook up too-- count me in as well

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nov. 22 Gathering!

1mocast!

How about that date at Lesner Bridge boatramp side or any other location will be decided later on? Spread the words around.

CrawFish!

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Hey guys.....that thing in NC is Va people...we're just livin out Wilber's dream..........read thread KItty Hawk report(spells it out)......the R

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Just a suggestion here guys....

It doesn't take many folks on the beach to make this area a bit crowded. Not exactly a place of relaxation either. Too many boaters means too many lines having to constantly be pulled in.

Sandbridge may be a better option. It's sort of out of the way, but there is plenty of room out there. As for the fishing conditions since Izzy, I can't speak on that. But there is plenty of space to spread out there. That's of course if it is open to the public in spite of upcoming LI Pier renovations.

On the CBBT might be an option as well. There's an eatery and restroom facilities. As well as parking.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Make it some where not too far from the MD/VA border (I am about an hours drive from there, so another 1 1/2 hour to two is cool, if there is anything in that proximity)and enough time to arrange schedule would be required, and info on license how much for out of staters ect, ect. Oh yeah, and if the pier happens to have a sandy spot to set up one, I'll feel right at home. :D

I talk the talk but I'll walk (or drive, schedule permitting) the walk.

Some one arrange it and I am sure some of us Maryland/Delaware folk will make it.

Have Jeep, flip flops and bunker, will travel.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Well shaggy

in this case the CBBT won't due. It's a few miles out into the bay, running parallel to the beach. If ya wanted to touch sand, you'd need scuba diving equipment.

Thought about another local. Possibly the old Harrison's Pier site. Might be a good place to make a statement about the need for a pier rebuild in the area. Course, that's if it hasn't had a no trespassing sign placed there. And invite Lee Tolliver from the Pilot Newspaper.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Harrison's Pier site, how far do ya figure from Annapolis or DC?

What and where is the CBBT (you'd need scuba diving equipment), is it boat access only or four wheel or what?

And as for SANDbridge (and where is it), does it mean there is sand, and therefore beach or better surffishing?

Like I said have.... will travel (a reasonable distance).

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Sandbridge is beach. Many large drum have been taken from there in the past. Check out Heaver's website for Little Island Pier fish photos.

CBBT stands for the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. It's the link between Va Beach and the Eastern SHore of Va. Chincoteague pony run, etc... It's probably about a 14 or so mile bridge tunnel. They have a pier at the first tunnel entrance coming from Va. Beach. Actually it's extra sections that can be used if parts of the driveable bridge gets damaged. They would just detach and be slid into place as need be. So, the water is very deep there. No driving except to come over the bridge and park in the lot. Unless you have a Hovercraft or Hydroplane that will travel.;)

Hot spots in Norfolk, Va still show a picture and locale of the old Harrison's Pier. Do a mapquest search to get your mileage.

I've been working on Algebra since 3 pm and right now I'm afraid to enter any normal numbers into my brain.:rolleyes: I'm on a roll with these x and y, positive and negative, slope of a line mumbo jumbo. I'm feeling a bit deranged right about now. I'll be of more assistance when Mrs. Hyde:mad: is gone and Dr. Jekyll :) has returned.

I think I'm going to:barf:

Talk with ya after the transformation takes place.:D

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Okay, so CBBT, closest to me from the sound of it I think either 13 or 113 south (off of route 50 east) prior to the continuing journey to AI (believe about $20 toll but oh well). As for Algebra, piece of cake to me compared to geometry (but did prefer trig and calculus many years ago in high school, yeah I am gettin up there) and the hypothisis and thereoms in Geometry never made sense, no logic, just saying because I say this is so blah, blah, blah, look at algebra more as logic and not hypothetical. But, this is a fishing board, not math I can't remember.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
What I'm seeing here is

peaked interest. Crawfish brought this to light. And has given a date of Nov 22. Awaiting his next post. From there the pieces should begin to fall into place.

:cool:

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Location!

Well, I like any surf location. I most prefer Lesner bridge because you can catch some fish there. There is a beach shore on the left hand side of the bridge on the boatramp side. That side is not as crowded. Lesner bridge provides various fishing styles... from lures bottom surf.. and wading... It's just a suggestion. If you have MD salt license, you can fish there.. "baywater"... plenty of parking.. if everyone agrees, nov. 22 at noon will be the date... hope everyone could join....

Crawfish

·
Registered
830 Posts
Count me in. North end of Lesner bridge at noon. I'll be in a white 1992 Landcruiser with a 6 rod rack on the front and maybe a cooler rack on the back.

·
Registered
51 Posts
directions

by the sounds of it, you guys have finally picked date, time and local, can us newcomers get directions now. Would love to come if schedule permits

kp

1 - 20 of 52 Posts