Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all! I will be on vacation to the VA Beach area from Sept
13 - 19 and I am looking for some area spots that are known fish producers. I would also like to go on a head boat or 2 while I am there.

Anyone have suggestions for decent head boats? I was thinking maybe some wreck fishing..or blues.

Any hot spots along the beach where some schoolie Stripers might show?

Thanks
Ken

·
Registered
634 Posts
harrison's pier has head boats..cheap too.. $18 for 4 hrs.....rudde inlet marina has head boats too..they are like $35...never been out on one yet so dont know what they catchin.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Try the search engine

Hey there, and WELCOME aboard!!! I would suggest trying out the search feature at the bottom of the page, with the word, 'headboat', and see what you unveil...... there was a pretty extensive post on that particular topic recently. If you can't find it, lemme know and I'll try and give you as much info as possible.
Good Luck when you go!!!!!

Zigh
><((((*>
:D

·
Registered
225 Posts
welcome,

if you were lookin for spots from shore as well as boats might i suggest lynnhaven inlet. i have never been dissapointed there. just ask for directions and youll get them from here. i might think about some of the area piers. they might be hit of miss but when they are hitting.... they are hitting good..... as for the headboat thing i have been on the ones from lynnhaven inlet as well as rudee. if you opt for rudee make sure it is the sea bass trip. if they are croaker fishing it will be an hr one way trip to the same spot the ones out of lynnhaven take 20 min to get there. talk about a dissapointment 2 of the 4 hrs were spent riding along the oceanfront. the seabass trip is good. another good shore spot would be rudee inlet......... hope i could help.:D

·
Registered
251 Posts
Harrison's

I've been out of Rudee and out of Harrisons. Right now Harrison's is your best bet. The sea bass trip won't really pick up until the fall gets going, I went about 3 weeks ago and got skunked. Went out of Harrison's the past two weeks on the morning trip and caught some huge croakers some almost hitting citation size. Make sure you use the squid head (that's a tip on me)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys! Most of the stuff I am noticing is lynnhaven and rudee inlets.

Any places that are good cobia spots?? I caught one on a trip to Alabama that was probably the best fight ever. It was a little one..26#..but I was pooped afterwards. It was on a 30# outfit and was awesome.

A wreck trip was probably the one I will opt for. I would love to catch some nice blues..maybe at night on a pier.

From Sandfidler Road..what is closer..Lynnhaven or Rudee?

Later
Ken

1 - 6 of 6 Posts