Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am going after work. Might have to go home first and pick up the wife, she loves to sit on the beach and read.

Tied some fish finding rigs last night and put a 40 lb shock leader on my reel.

What pound test do most of you use for your rigs and what size hooks? I tried using the 40 lb test and had a tough time getting the knots to come out right. Any body use braided line for this? Where can I find some good knot diagrams for braided line?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Just remember if you plan on staying at SP after dark with your wife make sure you have at least 2 poles with you. After dark everyone has to look like they are fishing this mean everyone has to have a pole.
I would love to go to SP tonight but I am going out of town for the weekend. Let us know how you do. Good luck

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up. Probably won't stay pass 9:00 pm and I will have an fresh water pole to catch some live cut bait.

·
Registered
720 Posts
According to park police, anyone staying after 8pm when the park closes for fishing only is required to have a fishing license. I don't think it matters if two people share a single pole but both must have a license in order to stay. I would hate to have them kick both of you out if your wife doesn't have a fishing license. Believe me, they will check if they see your car coming. Goodluck and give us a report.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem solved wife can't make, has to take our daughter to the doctors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts