Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wonderin if anyone has even seen a fish recently around here in Va? Im thinkin bout hittin up the naval base sometime in the near future just mainly to get out of the house but some pull on the line would be good. I think i forgot what a fish looks like its been soooooo long:jawdrop:

·
Registered
206 Posts
i haven't been fishing in a long time. i am waiting til the fish come back in force. no one is fishing right now and i am not going out if there is no one else out there. so here i wait til march.:barf:

dan lee

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
With the water temps in the upper 30s or lower 40s even the Stripers have slowed their feeding habits to once every 3 or 4 days. You might get lucky and run into a hungry one here. Chances are you'd do better south of the boarder unless we get some freakish warm weather for a couple, three days.

Lower your expectations as far as catching and try to just enjoy the trip, but good luck if you go.

·
Registered
11 Posts
gotcha6/0

Where do you normally fish at around the Naval base? I am new to the area and trying to learn the areas where to fish at.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
After th bay season ended it got harder to convince myself to do a 150 mile round trip to catch an release. Been spending my time down south.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I haven't been fishin in a while either and can't wait to go. Around in my neighborhood there is absolutley nutin to do except to hang out with my neighbor. I'm hoping this year i catch something big this year.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Based on what I'm seeing this looks like a good time to clean the gear and get ready for better weather. Doesn't look like much is happening. I guess I should get a new license too.:cool:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea about the gear and stuff already done that bought a new tackle bag cause the old one was gettin a lil heavy but so is this one soooo. But you need a military ID to fish the navy base I believe my dad is in the military so i had to get one but you might not need one im really not sure but once you get on the base theres a lil pier right on the other side of all the docks its not much but its usually calm waters and barely any wind its close to the water and its not a long pier but its usually no alot of people so its a good place for "piece of mind". Seagull is usually where Im at durin the summer well now atleast since Harrisons is gone :(

·
Registered
288 Posts
SO. Yankee...

You're up there in Sandston....You may wanna do some local research and see if ya can git access to the james near either a deep channel or drop off...

Dey been catching some HUGE cat's that'll put a bend in yer pole to make a striper jealous...

We gotta spot in Surry county on Grays creek we go to to play with cats and heavers...

Keep's tha jones down somewhat...It aint drum er stripers..but still fun...

Custer

·
Registered
314 Posts
catching a big one

The only thing i have caught was the flu a week ago.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've been taking advantage of the down time to cruise the different Sporting good websites like Cabela's, Dicks, Sports Authority, Bass Pro, and Walmarts looking for some good off season deals to stock up on tackle supplies and get some new toys. Some of these sites clearance out items that are out of season and you may not use till summer or fall but can save some money on now. I've got three days off this weekend and a new package of toys coming from Cabela's on friday. I may just have to get out and give it a shot this weekend. Don't forget to get your new license before you start out this year!!!

Tight Lines Means Tasty Fillets!!!!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
strippers

my frien caught two by lynnhaven pier. Both nice size from what i hear. He is going to show me the pics tommorrow

1 - 18 of 18 Posts