Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a little over a month away we will be down in MB area again this year. Haven't seen much posted here and was wondering what's happening down there. Is the water temp where it should be this time of year? I have checked sites on-line but that could be off. Anything biting? Thanks for any help'
Kim

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Spanish have been thick this week, been biting since the first week in April. I got 6 keepers Thursday along with a bunch of little blues. The water was really muddy and 90% of the Spanish caught were snagged. I lost a few good ones myself. Tons of silversides early. Heard the whiting have been biting good but I didn't do much serious bottom fishing. It's plenty warm. Pompano should be a better target soon, only thing holding us back is the wind this April.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. It seems we miss the Spanish every year due to this or that. Glad something is biting and coming over the rails. The wind, I guarantee it is stronger up here than done there. But who knows?? In the 60's yesterday but trying to break 40* here today with relentless winds...........
Kim

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
It’ll just depend on the water temp and the weather if they’re biting off the piers near the beginning of June. Seeing some whiting and hearing of a few pompano so far. I’ll start surf fishing soon.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still a little over 2 weeks to go. Haven't seen much posted here. Keeping up on the weather and the winds seem to be rather high. Waters still muddy and whiting still biting?? When winds are blowing what is the preferable direction?? Thanks, and tight lines........
Kim(y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts