Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three men were charged Thursday with poaching striped bass by officers on an overnight saturation patrol in Kent Narrows. Officers stopped two vehicles under surveillance and found 28 striped bass, 21 of which were undersized. Alejandro Argueta Lanaverde, 38, and Gonzolo Martinez Pena, 46, both of Annapolis, and Franklin Rafael Flores Santos, 27, of Hyattsville, received citations for exceeding the daily creel limit, possessing undersized striped bass and possessing striped bass between midnight and 5 a.m. Santos is scheduled to appear in Queen Anne’s District Court on Jan. 7. The Annapolis men have a Feb. 4 court date. If found guilty, each man could be fined as much as $3,000.

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries/fishingreport/index.asp

·
Registered
584 Posts
The Law, I don't have to obey No stinking law. Probably border jumpers. POTUS say's we need more of them. Go figure. I'm glad DNR caught them. But they will be out there again. It's in the blood.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Looks like DNR is watching Kent Narrows more closely, just think if they also did that in the thousands of other areas throughout MD where this is happening

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
hmmmmmmm any similarities between this bust and the others at KN anyone notices yet everyone denies?
I didnt even have to read the article. I read the thread title and my sixth sense told me.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
WTF are they using? Hard enough to get 1 or 2 TBs must be feeding after 12pm. Glad DNR is busting the scum.

·
Registered
257 Posts
WTF are they using? Hard enough to get 1 or 2 TBs must be feeding after 12pm. Glad DNR is busting the scum.
They're using live bait. I've been fishing the narrows a lot over the last month and the same guys are going around the concrete embankment and pier cast netting small bunker and throwing them live off the bridge. Seen about 4 fish under 16" caught and kept that way

·
Registered
804 Posts
Three men were charged Thursday with poaching striped bass by officers on an overnight saturation patrol in Kent Narrows. Officers stopped two vehicles under surveillance and found 28 striped bass, 21 of which were undersized. Alejandro Argueta Lanaverde, 38, and Gonzolo Martinez Pena, 46, both of Annapolis, and Franklin Rafael Flores Santos, 27, of Hyattsville, received citations for exceeding the daily creel limit, possessing undersized striped bass and possessing striped bass between midnight and 5 a.m. Santos is scheduled to appear in Queen Anne’s District Court on Jan. 7. The Annapolis men have a Feb. 4 court date. If found guilty, each man could be fined as much as $3,000.

WAY, WAY too low!

·
Registered
4,474 Posts

HEY, that means they caught 7 keepers!!! :beer:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts