• other

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought that I would throw this one in here just 'cause I'm bored :) . My favorite is tautog. I love fishing for them. They are tricky to catch, they fight hard, and they taste great. What's your favorite fish from the ocean? We'll limit this to shore caught species for MD and DE. Since there is a limit of ten options, let me know what other species I missed.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I put sharks, and I don't mean the little ones. They are very exciting and can rip some drag out with ease. Anthony knows how exciting it can be when a monster shark is on the other end.:eek: :D

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, hopefully we'll have more room next time around ;) .

B

·
0 Posts
try hooked into a 8-10 bluefish you will have the fight of your fishing experience they are some serious cookies

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
From MD/VA surf...

My vote is for a large red drum. They hit hard, will smoke your drag and strip all your line!

They make a striper run look like a cake-walk!

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Pure fight and adrenaline, gotta be a shark over four foot long, they can put some strain of the forearms, and some fights can be half an hour or so. From pure self satisfaction, gotta be the striper. Reading the beach and looking for the right hole, when you get one, even one of the smaller ones, and bring him to the beach, well, you just feel like this time you night have read something right, as opposed to just being lucky, and if you get two or more and maybe a blue thrown in, well, luck and a tad of skill.

Have Jeep will travel. :D

·
Registered
565 Posts
Tog would come in first for sure, followed by trout. Anthony, you have to come to cape may with me in the spring, I'll show you some phenomenal weakfishing. Flounder bring up the rear. I fish for stripers occasionally, but I have always felt they are over rated. No matter where I am, I have some metal ready for the blues, and they are awesome fighters, but not one of my favorites. I grew up fishing party boats for blues at least once a week catching fish that averaged six to twelve pounds, I guess I have caught so many that they don't interest me anymore. Not to mention that their voracious feeding habits take the skill out of it. I still enjoy the tussle and you can bet I'll tie on some metal when they pop up, but I won't go to the shore with bluefish on my mind as my primary target. I have only caught one black drum, which was small, but I'd love to tie into one of those 80 pounders they get in the spring. I have yet to catch a red. As far as sharks go I have caught plenty of dogs both smooth and spiny, but none of the species considered to be sportfish. I have caught plenty of kings and they are darned tasty and good fighters for their size. I plan on targeting kings more this year than I have in the past, but I don't think I would rate them very highly.

·
Registered
565 Posts
How about those croakers? They are one of the most popular fish in this area. I love to catch em up, but I'd rate them only a little above kingfish. Plenty of action and a good fight for sure, but not as glamorous as some others.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I have to agree with Anthony

When we wreck fish we are full of anticipation, whenever we go, that Mr. Blackfish will come to visit. Sometimes it feels as if you have hooked mother earth!!:D The next best part is the eating...MMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMM GOOOOD!!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought that someone would bring up croakers, I like catching them too but I feel that the other species mentioned are more targeted. I know that a lot of people in OC love to catch them a mess of kingfish.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Kingfish for me! There nothing better than a summer day fishing for kings in the surf. Its good action and they are down right tasty

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Catching croaker on lite tackle (10lb.test) single hook rig,feels like something big,it might take you awhile to catch your limit.......but it's fun.:D :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts