Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Nothing past December 2002. Nice pictures but did not give my any worthwhile information that I could use. Back to P &S where the info is up to date and current.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That brings up my other Q: I have been looking
for "CURRENT" fishing reports up/down the
VA side of the Bay, and all the web sites I
find appear to have only 3 or 4 reports from
this spring. Do people fish that little in the
spring?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
You need new reports Pic OK this site is still best

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
I will not report every trip I take and I don't expect others to do the same. I will report something that catches my eye.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings All!

My opinion is that every trip should be reported -- the good, the bad, and the ugly. You can learn as much from a report about a bad trip as you can about a good outing. What's NOT working is just as important as what IS working. Many fishermen (including myself) fish areas that are two to three hours from home. Nothing more disappointing than renting a room, buying a ton of bait, then finding out "you should have been here two weeks ago!" The essence of a good bulletin board is TIMELY and ACCURATE information.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
I don't like sites when all the reports are by charter boat captains.
Prefer individual fisherman with no gain by posting false success.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings HuskyMD!

There is one BB that has a NJ charter captain who posts one successful day after another, week in, week out. He posts on the board meant for fishermen (the site has a seperate board for charters/headboats.)He's been caught in a few "nontruths" when one or more of the fishing party posted their own report.

Here in Philly we have Lou Rodia's Fishing Report in the Daily News every Thursday. I've seen partyboats post results for trips I was on... Many times the number of fish caught or the weight of the pool fish are, shall we say, exaggerated. In all fairness, Lou's column has "advertisement" written above it (in very small print.) But I've always been wary of too many good reports coming from the same boats week in, week out.

That brings us to the value of a good BB system. A central forum for timely reports (both good and bad) from fishermen willing to share locations and methods is a priceless resource. I believe we have one right here....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Manayunk has a good point! Especially now, when
the bay temperature can change a few degrees
from one week to the next...

I wonder how important it would be after
Memorial day when the temperature consistantly
hits 80+ degrees?

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Ck out th Va Board for reports today. Funny how th weather gets nice an th reports start coming in. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts