Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What gives?,,,,, I was there earlier with my city slicker buddies from New York. I decided to show my friends sort of southern hospitality so I drove to Annapolis to show them our great Cheasapeake bay. We stopped by anglers to ask about my lost saltwater license. Well they said they change the law from last year. If you loose your license you can no longer get it replace at place you bought your license...so far so good. but the way this cashier put it was like "too bad sucker! guess you just have to buy another one". So I asked him where DNR office is at since we are at Annapolis..... He told my friend and I why are we so cheap.....and other cashier was laughing too....Ha Ha....
I was just asking a simple question....he said it withan attitude....
It kinda left bitter taste in my mouth...So much for southern hospitality....guess I have to drive little more south to find that these days......:D ......Way south......^^

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ok, first off, Angler's Inn is a yuppie destination in Potomac.

Second, I can't for the life of me understand why, after reading the posts on this board, anyone bothers to go into Angler's ( Sports Center ). Are you masochists? Do you enjoy paying too much?

If you are heading over bay bridge to fish there are at least 3 tackle shops on Route 50 on Kent Island. Bait and tackle near Annapolis proper is a little harder to come by but why give money to people who treat you like dirt?

M

·
0 Posts
Bluefish, exit 4 after the Woodrow Wilson bridge takes you to Holiday sports, where the tackle is cheaper and the service is better, for years I stuck with the bad attitude and expensive tackle at Anglers. After last summer I started frequenting Holiday sports and Chesepeake Outdoors which on my way to Choptank and Matapeake I also found I was in a better frame of mind while fishing, I wasn't pissed off at the price of tackle, also Route 1 Richmond Highway has a tackle shop, Fisherman's Island, which carry some Huge bloodworms and very cheap. I have found that customer service cannot be beat at Holiday Sports so far.

:)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Bluefish- just before the Kent Narrows bridge on the right sets Island fishing & hunting bait shop,they sell bloods for $6.45 a doz. big fat ones,if you should go fishing at the Tank pick up some crabs the Rock are hitting them better than bloods.Croaker,spot and perch are being taken on bloods.The bait shop opens up at 5am. and closes at 7pm.:eek:

·
Registered
98 Posts
You know, it would be quite interesting if some of us kept our reciepts for any and all the money spent for fishing for , say one season, and mail them to Angler's in a neat little package with a simple note. "Bad manners are very expensive!" I think that just might feel good.

Soapfish

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.......will do.......

As far as Anglers inn goes....:p** :p**

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yeah....By the way....I rather drive to DNR in Annapolis after work today than give those guys extra $17 for license....I'll leaving for Annapolis in 40 minutes....if weather allows I might even thinking about hitting Sandy point while I am there...

·
Registered
490 Posts
Guys Anglers don't need us they have their Yuppie big boat crowd.If your going south of the bay bridge try Island fishing & hunting bait shop great people, and appreciate your business:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Hey Mcrae,

Where is that bait shop on rt. 1. I work at Ft. Belvoir and have been looking for it the past couple weeks and haven't been able to locate it. Maybe you even have a #. Would appreciate much. Oh yeah I am glad you decided to stay on with us. Your expertise will be needed. Especially next spring run when I plan on getting me a monster striper.;)

·
Registered
597 Posts
I go to that shop all the time, it is in the Sacramento Shopping center, on the right. Note: The building just says FISHING on it.

8796 Sacramento Dr # I
Alexandria, VA, (703) 780-8087

Their bloodworms are like snakes and are 6.75 a dozen. I only know that they have a bait truck that comes in on Friday afternoon (and I am sure some other times during the week) so for the weekend get them Friday afternoon. The guy in there is really helpful and honest. Hard to find.

Good Luck :)

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Hey reddog is that before the 495 interchange or after. I appreciate it man.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Dog you ain't lying I work right by that golf course. It's been under my nose the whole time and never even knew it. Maybe I need to get my nostrils checked!!;) Thanks reddog:)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was there few days ago..I think they have new owners now...Nice asian lady help me with fine Bloodworm selection.
:)

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Is it in that shopping center across from the mcdonalds at that light?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
only sign able to see from route 1 is SHARK BILLIARD......If you are driving from beltway pass burgerking then you have passed,

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
thanks

Yeah i think i nailed it right on in that shopping center. Going to check it out this weekend. Thanks a million. Tight lines!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Come to think of it, people who shop at Angler's Sport Center remind me of Chevy Chase in Vegas Vacation. He's playing blackjack against a sarcastic dealer and losing all his money but he comes back for more. Finally he comes up to the dealer's table and the dealer says, "Look, why don't we save some time? You give me all your money, I'll kick you in the nuts, and we'll call it even."

1 - 20 of 39 Posts