Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flea,

Can we get a listing of the leaders for each state as it stands today? This might give everyone a little more gusto to get back out there and try to beat the leaders! ;)

Thanks

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Not a single entry?

So then what your telling us is that your 33"er from AI is the leading fish, right? GotCha...LOL ;)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Bad shouder and all I guess I might have to try. Just kidding I already won it once I have a feeling someone from the Warriors fishing team will win durng the Challenge.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I wish. PLO from shore is not known for it's share of monsters. I think Jason has a shot at AI but I don't know if anyone who has already won the award is eligible for the dec award. Hey Sand Flea, what are the rules on that?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shaggy should have some photos..

He's been working AI "reel" hard lately and has picked up some nice stripers. His fish should be in the running unless he did not send in any photo's. :eek:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I misread the posts...

I thought this was a "fishing contest" and did not have anything to do with Angler of the Month award. As the fishing has slowed to a crawl, maybe this is the way to award November's winner.

·
Registered
911 Posts
on my way,,,

lol conditions this morning "foggy/cool" looks like a good day to capture the monthly title. On my way too the beach! Be surprizing to get the title W/a huge mullet but I'm going to drum fish today..
tally ho!

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Me, I happen to be digitally challenged, and even if I did have a digital camera, I wouldn't have the foggiest idea on how to upload the pictures.

As for AI so far, only one decent striper, 29" about 8 - 10 pounds. Water temps in the ocean still have to drop a couple of degrees, but we are getting close. Heading out on Friday to try again.

Have Jeep will travel. :D

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Hey Shaggy, did you still plan on attending the PLO Clean-up on saturday? That's a heck of a drive, AI to PLO.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Guess it all depends on how long ya'll will be there. Have to work Saturday 8am - 5pm, so be leaving AI around 9pm - 10pm Friday night (figuring on heading out to AI early Friday morning, would like to be out of the house by 3ish). Still, that gives me roughly from six am until 9-10pm to fish.

Have Jeep will travel. :D

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Friday at AI "AI"n't looking real promising weather wise, but like the fool I is, I'll still be there.

Daily Details for Assateague Island Natl Seashore, MD for Fri, Nov 14

Daytime

High: 51°F
Sunny / Wind
Wind: From the West Northwest at 24 mph

Low: 34°F
Clear
Wind: From the Northwest at 9 mph

Sunrise: 6:40 AM
Sunset: 4:50 PM

Oh well, still

Have Jeep will travel. :(

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Hey Shaggy,

Read the clean up thread. Many of us will be there all night. So your butt better get there, better late then not at all. See you soon my friend.:)....Tightlines

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Any update on Angler of the Month...

Flea,

How big is our largest fish to date? I heard a 36" striper is in the lead...

·
Registered
830 Posts
I think one of us at the get together in Kitty Hawk have a shot at he biggest striper. Hopefully Wilber since it was his dream.

Tight lines...

Ken

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
The contest ends

in two days. So much for a winner from our get together in Kitty Hawk. No prob, I'm sure we'll work out our own fun & games. ;)...Tightlines

1 - 20 of 24 Posts