Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a place that has ANDE gray monofilament for $3.99 per 1/4 spool. It is all 10# test, which I use a lot of, but only the ANDE gray is $3.99, the other ANDE lines are $8.00.

Is there any difference between the ANDE Preminium Mono in Gray and the other colors that I should know about?

Also, this same place has Penn Line in 1/4# spools for $2.99 and 2.2# spools for $19.99. Anyone have something to say about Penn monofilament?

·
Registered
633 Posts
You sure that line just isn't old and worn out? Those are some sweet prices though! Heck for that price buy a couple spools of each and if they suck then just tell the wife you bought it for her to hang up all her pictures on the wall with! But be cautious, at times this ends in the wife hanging up her oldest and favorite picture(the one that buys too much fishing crap:D)! No but seriously, id buy a spool of that ande and try it out, its worth the shot for that much!

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Could be that the ANDE gray mono is not IGFA compliant while the other stuff ie green is.

I looked at some this morning at a place here. Guy said it's new as in not old stock. Same price about $4.00. Good strong line, just big.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.