Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the kit from ARC but hesitate drilling holes in my new yak. Are there kits that dont require me drilling holes? I was thinking of taking the kit back and going to Lowes and getting 2 pulleys, some small bungee cord, 2 caribeeners and a stainless ring and trying to rig something up. I would like to have bungee in the front clip and the rear clip for stress but will need some kind of clips to keep the trolley line down and not all up on the side handles. Is there another kit I can buy? Looking on kayak fishing stuff but dont really see anything except the peices. Any suggestions im open. Thanks

Jason

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
nope, but out the drill and get to makin some holes!:D

its really not bad/hard to do. just make sure you use the right size drill bit so that your stainless bolts fit nice and tight. use a small stainless washer/nylock bolt on the inside, and right before you tighten them town, put some Marine Goop in there. and you are good to go.

i just bought another kayak on friday, prowler 13 trident, and sat morning i was drillin holes in it.

you CAN do your anchor trolly like that, with just two pulleys and thats it, but you will be much happier doing it the other way.

as far as the bungee, i have that on my other kayak, and i dont like it much, so i did not do it on my trident, i dont see how it really does much, the bolts are still feeling the same amount of pressure. i dont think they are pullin' out any time soon with nylocks/bolts.

Jesse

·
Registered
996 Posts
The first hole is the hardest. Now, a good many kayaks into my lifetime I don't bat an eye.
Jesse nailed it. screws, backing washers, nylok nuts and a bit of goop. No bungee needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.