Pier and Surf Forum banner

301 - 310 of 310 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
I saw a nice snakehead on a stringer after it was caught from the Bladensburg Waterfront Park's Fishing Pier
Perhaps FishingKid could chime in...did you catch it, FishingKid?...I didn't get to chat w/you
as you were leaving as I was getting there. Whomever caught it gave it to another angler who was going to cook it up tonight. 2 peeps also were ticketed for not having a MD Coastal & Bay Sport License, ie, the tidal license that most people also call the saltwater license. This is tidal water here, folks. A DC license is no good but a VA tidal license is good here. Plus, us Marylanders w/the Coastal & Bay Sport License can fish in VA tidal waters with it! Tight lines!!
God I Wish It Was Me. A Spanish Guy I Normally See Everytime Im There Caught It. Not Much Size About 20". I Had A Small Disagreement With A Guy There Saying His Freshwater License Was Good For Here And I Tried To Explain To Him That The He Needed A Freshwater License For Fishing Pass The Second Bridge

·
Registered
319 Posts
Actually, the dividing line between tidal/non-tidal waters for the Anacostia River is route 1 (actually on the NW Branch)and alternate route 1 (actually on the NE Branch), which is a half-mile north of the fishing pier....it's a few more bridges (if you count the footbridges and train bridge) upriver from the bridge where you are thinking but you are correct informing the guy that he had the wrong license for the pier. Thus, the entire Anacostia River is tidal water, requiring the Coastal & Bay Sport, within Maryland's borders.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #303
Went down to the park near RFK - say about 10-20 BIG SH. Landed this one without a net from the pier about 10' up.....tricky!

He was a hair short of 32".

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #306
Nice fish! I was just reading that the new world record snakehead may have been caught
June 05, 2013
Potential World Record Snakehead Caught in Virginia

On Monday we told you about the Marine Corps’ plan to conquer the invasive snakehead population around Quantico, Va., by hosting a 24-hour long snakehead tournament come June 7. Now comes word that the Old Dominion state has produced what could be the world record snakehead.

Caleb Newton fought a 17-pound, 6-ounce snakehead from the Potomac River tributary near Ashland. He landed the fish into his boat Saturday using 15-pound test line and a light rod. The current International Game Fish Association world record snakehead is a Godzilla-sized 17-pound, 4-ounce beast caught in Japan in 2004.

Newton, 27, told the Free Lance-Star that the fish was so large it barely fit into his ice chest. He should know within two months if his Frankenfish is named the new world record.

With whales like this being pulled out of Virginia, it will be interesting to see what the Marines catch this weekend.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
Nice work Pete!

I might might head over there Sunday morning. What kind of lure were you using?
Swim chad - chartrouse.

Make sure that you pick up your DC licence! Cheverly Sports has them.

Also, park on the street! The cars on the lot are employees of the circus.

301 - 310 of 310 Posts