Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hit a wall 2yrs ago and could not break 600 ft, actually hard to get past 550, when i used to hit over 600 all the time. very frustraiting. had an idea that maybe it had something to do with my reels and the magging. or maybe just getting old. after a long conversation with wild willie ( willie longcaster) im thinking i finally may have the situation corrected. i went casting with rolland and bill k tuesday and guess what, between 655 and 660 ft. i was just blown away. only threw four times and each cast was over 600 and the forth being the longest.
casting tec is important as is the rod and the reel but my block was the set up of the reel. thank you willie for a personal best. the magging worked.

frank

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Willie is a crazy SOB, but he knows his stuff and he loves to help others. I spend hours a week talking to that Crazy Hillbilly :D. I would suggest anyone who want's to learn reel tuning contact Willie..

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
P.S. he also builds Great reels, and when you pay for it you won't feel like you spent the night in a state prision with "Bubba the Turd Chaser" . His center knobby mags are the best I've used, and he also carries those NEW Sport Mags...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.