Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..for wanting to go surf fishing? In the worst way..
Mid Upper 70's on Xmas eve. I'm thinking hard about trying to get on the sand. Maybe even one day the week after.
I'd love to try AI, but even considering most any beach between there and Roosevelt Inlet.

What say you?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Well, you probably are crazy if you think you'll catch anything, but if you're looking to enjoy the salt air, sound of the surf, and sand between your toes ... then I say go for it :)

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
If I have "the pass" and I'm not busy, it is a question I don't even have to think about. Go for it and enjoy:cool:!!! Oh yea, post a report.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Fish moving down from NJ. Source said they were in acers of stripers at mouth of Del bay 35+" fish eating anything in front of them. So you might have a good chance from the beach.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I appreciate the responses.
Weather and me being farther behind on my Christmas shopping than I realized, and there'll be no fishing today.

That being said, I've had some feelers out, and have heard some reports of a couple keepers being picked up in DE & MD.
Between the reports and the catharsis of an Assateague sunrise, I'm gonna try like hell to get on the sand in the next week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts