Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to try and get out some time this week or this coming weekend to tie into some stripers. I know everyone has been fishing Matapeake, but that place turns into a zoo when striper season opens.

Has anyone been fishing Sandy Point or Romancoke over the last few weeks? I have my suspicions that things could be good at both those locations and less crowded.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
oh sure, try and divert the crowd to other places so you can waltz into Metapeake and catch the big one! Good try Sand Flea!

Just kidding. Will be in DE myself.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
That's was a good one husky...I like romancoke myself..I got a good feeling that someone is going to hit some nice croaker off matepeake or romancoke this weekend :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Me and my friend fished Sandy Point on Sunday 14th from 2pm to 4 pm on the left side of trees and caught 3 stripers weighing 6, 9, and 11 lb. There were just too much grass and our blood worms were getting covered with them after 10 mins. That 11 lb was a beauty though :)

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish Sandy Pt. was open at night this time of year--that beach is probably swarming with stripers late at night...oh well.

I'll probably give that a shot Saturday for the opener, then head over to the shore at nightfall.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Flea,

I made a kiling there a couple of weeks ago using clam snouts - the fish did not want my $8.00 per dozen bloods.

The clams are only $3.50 a container.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I was fishing in romancoke last week and caught only white perches. yesterday at matapeake, people were catching stripers around 30-40"s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts