Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took me 5 hours for a trip that normally takes 2.5 hours from Richmond. Took me another 5 hours to come home. Thankfully, the fishing at my secret spot in Cape Charles was very good. I've heard there is an alternative route. Was it 58? Does anyone know an alternative route to get to Richmond from Va. Beach? If I am coming back from CBBT, what road do I take? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
You can take 64E to 264W to Bowers Hill an get on 58 there an then jump on 460 heading to Petersburg to 95 to Richmond. Its a outta th way trip but with all th construction an what not down here it would prolly save you time.

·
Registered
225 Posts
why did it take so long??? construction or just traffic? should i take 63 from richmond or 460? i know 460 is longer but if it takes 5 hrs on 64 i think ill save some time on 460:D

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
BTW

Tune into AM610 for traffic info, you usally cant get it in till NN but it will let you know if HRBT is backed up etc.

Also ccc6588, I shoulda mentioned that if 264W is backed up you can take 64E around to Bowers Hill also. PS Nice report on CC.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
As a truckdriver (semi) , I got fed up with I-64 trying to get outta Hampton Roads.

Seems every time I went out or came home same it was the same story................................. Traffic Jams.

I always ran 460 if I had a choice

Another way is to take 664 to 17 to 60 , that will dump you on the SE side of Richmond. Cops didn't bother me, even though semi's are restricted on parts of that road.

You can make good time either way.........but it's not the interstate so add 30 minutes to your trip. Both roads are great and good little stops for coffee along the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts