Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has tried anything to get their line out further when you are surf fishing other that just casting.
Using a water ballon launcher, remote controled boat or anything else that anyone has tried or had any success with.
Trying to come up with something that will let me get the line out farther even past the breaker.
Do most of my fishing around the outer banks in NC.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Water balloon launcher now that is the ticket. Even better how about an old fashioned potatoe launcher! Really though something like that would be worth trying.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Ha!

Now I bet you could get it out more that 1000 ft with one of those bad boys!:D

·
Registered
680 Posts
that punkin chuckin is getting to be something. it's not too far from [8-9mi.] from my house. the crowds are getting bigger all the time. they're hitting over 4000 feet and still getting better.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Shoot casting that far might get you a Blue Marlin in these parts of the water!:D

·
Registered
467 Posts
Trebuchet

Hey Jedi,

My dad is in the process fo trying to build one to use for casting. He has this idea that with one of these he can get to the center of the bay. Its a work in progress but im hoping he can actually do it. Ill give you some updates as he progresses in this venture.........Tight Lines.

MC

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I had read in an old SWS that someone tried using a homemade rocket launcher and nearly blew his hand off. I think I'll stick with using the old fashion way.

·
Registered
272 Posts
hi ralph,

weather was great. fishing was not so great.
the water temp is sooo cold.i think one day the water was 68 and the the next day 55.
i did some pier fishing and just about everybody was catching
small stuff.i saw one person catch nice puppy drum.
i,ve got to admit i'm doing better up here.
i'm sure it will get better there in the next few months .
hopefully i will see you guys on the field this weekend.

;)

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
I remember a suggestion that THE PIER RAT made a couple of years back.tie a ballon to a LifeSaver that is also tied to a leader and some bait.Let the ballon drift out with the current-Boom you will be out,hoping the life saver doesn't melt too soon.Soon as the life saver melts your live bait should be out.

Did yall read that article in this month's Fiel And Stream regarding Skishing(Ski Fishing)?

This guy dons a full wetsuit and swims about 200 yards out inthe [email protected] NIGHT!This guy has some courages NUTS!
Well I don't know if I can compete with that dude.I think I will stick to wading,waist high and casting my 200 yards.....

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Yes balloons work well! I use them when I fish for trophy largemouth in FL. Tie a balloon on about 4 to 5 ft from hook. Put large shiner on the hook and give a little toss out. The shiner does all the work! Wind helps it too. Plus you can easily see your balloon when it is very far out. I have even had large bass come up and eat shiner along with my balloon. It is some real adrenalin type fishing!

·
Registered
797 Posts
okeechobee

fl-man, can you say lake okeechobee!

ralph

·
Registered
6 Posts
We have a local guy they call sling shot bob or somthing and in the back of his pick-up is a big slingshot , a boat winch , and a bucket . You pull off however much line you want and wrap it around the bucket . Then stick you sinker and hook into the sling shot and crank the boat winch untill the sling is back then hit the release. He can put a sinker within a few feet anywhere you ask. He has been doing this for 20 years and will do it for anybody that asks nice. :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.