Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I'm leaving tonight to do some fishing my first time around Buxton,NC & wanted to get few opinions on the Albright knot for shock leaders .I've been using a double Uni but the albright seems smaller & easier to tie. I use 20lb big game & 50 - 80 lb mono leader .I'd also appreciate any other helpful advice on where to fish & I have 12' Tica & a penn 535 can my smaller 7' bass flippin sticks & baitcasters be used in the surf for flounder & mullet.Can I get fresh bait nearby ( Bunker, mullet bloodworms etc) I have cast net but & can thow ok but never used it for bait yet. can you catch bait in the surf with a Sabiki rig ? Thanks to everyone on this board I've learned alot form you Mike form PA

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Heck, don't know what it's called, but I can do it in mostly dark. Overlap main line and shock line. Take make loop and take spool of shock plus end of main through loop twice, tighten, spit and tighten. Works fot me. Hope ya can figure out what I'm saying.

·
Registered
206 Posts
hey mike, i'm pretty new to this also and have been using the Albright knot for 50lb mono shock to braid with no issues. it's easy to tie and a small knot. check out the knot guide on Pier & Surf for other ideas.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
The Albright works well for shock leaders, I use it probably more than any other knot for joining lines. The rule is if you can tie it well use it (applies to any knot that needed).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts