Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm checking to see if anyone up and down the coast may know what ever became of Al Swanson. He had a marine taxidermy business in Tidewater, Va. (the giant blue marlin in Princess Anne Distributing and the blue at Va. Beach fishing Ctr. are his).

He later relocated to Wilmington, NC to run his taxidermy business but he seems to have dropped off the map.

I'm asking because he's actually a relation of mine and I spent a summer with him in my early teens. He taught me how to catch puppy drum on lures in Wilmington and really sparked my early interest in surf fishing.

Has anyone heard of Swanson Taxidermy or do you know where he landed? I figured some of you folks might know since he was big in the surf fishing community in the 70's and 80's.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sandflea, Al Swanson live,s here in Wilmington and is still big in the marine taxidermy. He was the Joe Albea man and I know he does quite a few for shops and marina's up and down the coast. He's a friend of mine and just a wonderful person to know. He also is doing a couple of fish for me.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent! I knew if I posted here someone would know him.

You don't happen to have an e-mail address for him do you?

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Dang.........another internet success story.Thats great you were able to hook up so easily Sandflea.Wish I could find my uncle who told my aunt he was a gonna go feeesh,took off to Labrador and is still feeshen his heart out ,though we have not heard from him in 20 yrs. Catchemup Uncle Russ!!.......the R

1 - 5 of 5 Posts