Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it appears the fishing gods are not on my side (or they are just watching out for my elbow), but was suppose to leave work at 11 tonight to meet up with my brother, and about twenty minutes before clockout, he calls. Tells meet I should sit tight, winds, rain and sleet have arrived, and he will give me a call about three am. He's heading off the beach, and if one of the only guys I know crazier than me is packing up to sit it out in a motel room, and tells me to sit tight, common sense (not that I have much), tells me to hold off on the drive.

Now, here is the real kicker, tells me he had about eight nice knockdowns, landed three, 29", 36" and 39". So I have to wonder, might he just be hiding a new "honey hole" he has located? Naaaaaaa, not my brother.

ANyways, holding at home for further weather updates. If all goes well, I will be leaving around 3:30.

Have Jeep will travel. :D

·
Registered
725 Posts
I guess it's obvious shaggy, but if you go tonight please be careful.
In Rosedale (Essex area) there is snow on the ground and right now the precip has changed to an icy rain. I'm certainly not trying to tell you what to do, but this is the first snow of the year and many drivers won't be acclimated to it yet. But on the other hand, there won't be many cars on the road at 3:30am.

Good luck and take your time,
Blue Heron

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well stayed up until 3:00, with no change in wind speed, so trip abandoned. Brother figured with winds at time, 8's wouldn't hold. High winds, rough surf, rain and sleet, and current extended forecast, even he is heading back west, cutting his trip short two days. Oh well, guess that does give the elbow an extra week to recuperate.

He and I have another planned for the week of the 19th, so, don't plan any outdoor activity, looking like a repeat of last year. Every trip we planned, n'oreater, rain or "other" precip. But, at least the big guys were there yesterday. Now, if they hang out another couple of weeks.

Have Jeep will travel. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts