Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got all I need (I hope). After last trip, realized need extra fuel for lantern, and mantels, and if latern fails extra flashlight and batteries and most important, fresh bunker, which Kool Ice had. So, leave FL at home this time, and he can't outstriper me on my turf again (even though I had a great time) and maybe just maybe, tonight, or tomorrow night by the time I have to go, I'll have the chance to land my dream fish. Now, not sure whether that would be a striper or a sweet red drum or just the biggest dang shark I ever landed (never really thought about what my "dream fish" would be, but I'll know if i get it). But anyway I look at it, it beats work. Hoping to leave by one am (catnap time) and be on the beach by four. Here's to about twenty hours of pleasure and if lucky maybe fifteen minutes of exhileration.

Let ya'll know how it goes when I return tomorrow night, Friday morning. Now all I have to do is remember to go straight past that one exit, and I'm home.

Temps and winds looking good, have flip flops, bunker and Jeep, am travelling:D

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, posted results on Harley AI thread

Caught lots of shark and skate Friday, some blues were around and I had a striper what looked to be every bit 30" plus throw the hook on me in the wash(been cussing him and me out ever since).

By the way, barefooted most of Friday and brought out the waders as the sun was setting, dang it was a pretty day there, and evening though brisk, not unbearable, and a strange "red glow" in the sky, and I gots to get down quick and get me a striper, so I can get that last SOB outta my mind.

Also, had my last cast around 9pm Friday, top of brand new OM went flying off with the lead and bait, searched but could not find. My 11' brand new OM was now a worthless 5' piece of nothing much. Went to BPS, and they graciously replaced, saying that it really shouldn't have come apart like it did. That's another fishing first for me, and hopefully last.

Heading down late Thursday night/early Friday morning and plan on staying until about 8pm-9pm.

Have Jeep will travel.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Hey Shaggy, Hat and I are probably going to be down there thurs night too. We probably will stay till sunday morning. I'm getting some teeth pulled (3 of em) on wed afternoon so with plenty of pain killers and a straw to eat my food through we should be there.:eek: :D

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Hey shaggy you should of dove in and got your fish,damn if that happened to me I'd be showing you all a picture. TRIGGER

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe if another ten yards closer, I'd have had a chance, and maybe if the top of rod flew off in daylight could have found, and maybe if I really knew what I was doing I'd get more than shark and skate predominately, lots of maybes, and still lots of fun. :)

Have Jeep will travel. :D

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
hey its all good, you got it replaced didn't you. And remeber its called fishing not catching;)

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup, and all I got to say is BPS is :cool: . No questions asked, just said it shouldn't have happened, here's a new one. Try my second new OM in two trips on Friday.

Have Jeep will travel. :D

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Re: Sorry, posted results on Harley AI thread

shaggy said:
...had a striper what looked to be every bit 30" plus throw the hook on me in the wash...
The last 10' are the hardest! Between the slack line, surge from the waves, and last minute fish runs, I've lost most of my fish in this area. Just part of of surf fishing...;)

May stop down Sunday morning after fishing IRI in the wee morning hours. Got to get that cow bass that did me wrong on the jetty last time out. ;)

Don't have a 4X4 so I will be fishing the area over the dunes by the South parking lot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts