Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Due to circumstances beyond our control, me and Jason will be heading to AI and stay till tomorrow night. Will post results when we get back.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
ummmmm

Can you say complete bust. Perfect fishing weather though. Water was very CHOPPY! Waves were pushing 6 ft easily with little or no wind. All we caught were a few ling cod and a 3 ft dog shark. We headed to rt 50 bridge and got skunked also. So last ditch effort we went to OC inlet and tried togging. Just as we were about to leave with another skunk, BAM pulled a nice 16" tog in. Proceeded to catch a few more tog and Anthony got him a nice 15" to boot. Not a bad way to end a terrible fishing weekend. Also to note saw the man NAIL some people fishing for tog. Got em with at least 5 undersize tog. Bad part for them is they had at least 5 keepers too! Why keep undersized tog when you have that many keepers?????? Don't know but am sure they are still paying for it as we speak.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Morning people, A friend of mine was fishing IRI this past weekend useing a 1oz.1/2 white bucktail with a white twister worm and caught two rock one being 38" and the other 31". I noticed that white was the color of the weekend,there was a rock caught Sat. afternoon on a all white unberalla rig and that was 40" 30lb. but that was caught futher south. So maybe next time I can be the receiver of a "Biggin".

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Re: ummmmm

FL FISHERMAN said:
...Also to note saw the man NAIL some people fishing for tog. Got em with at least 5 undersize tog.
Glad to see the man out checking. :)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the weather was really nice, but too nice for this time of year. We heard of one guy catching a blue before the bullpen but not too much else. Was still nice to be out on a day like that even though the fishing sucked. At least we didn't drive from Utah ;). There was a guy who came 2200 miles to fish AI for 4 days, hope he does better that we did. It was nice to catch those tog at the end of the trip, I lost a really nice one that got off just before I saw it. We lost way too much hardware and will be more prepared the next time, MD's season ends at the end of the month but we can still hit DE. I was glad to see the ranger was out and about. The sad thing was the guys who got busted knew the regulations. No noob could have caught that many tog and not know how big they have to be. Some people are just greedy I guess. Anyway was still a fun trip, although it may be one of my last trips before next year.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Anthony & FL FISHERMAN

Glad you did not get the big skunk this weekend.
The inlet was packed with boats and the rocks were
just as crowded. I am still craving some Tog real
real bad. (My mom likes them raw if they were
caught that same day and kept on ice.) I tried
using green crabs on the Morning Star, but between
the sharks (they loved the crabs) and seabass,
the tog never had a chance. I will probably
head out to IRI during a weekday and spend
all day togging.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Anthony said:
I was glad to see the ranger was out and about. The sad thing was the guys who got busted knew the regulations. No noob could have caught that many tog and not know how big they have to be. Some people are just greedy I guess. Anyway was still a fun trip, although it may be one of my last trips before next year.
Glad to hear they're busting the jerks who knowingly keep undersized fish. I'm tired of people getting away with that crap.

As for putting your gear away...are you nuts? Now the bay season, in my opinion, is shot. Pack it up, swat it on the butt, put it away. Warm water, too much rain, and the collapse of the bunker population has wrecked the whole mess. But the Atlantic season is only getting started. Assateague and Tidewater will be solid into January.

I want to hit Assateague some time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I promise the stupid dog won't eat your bait this time. :p

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The reason that it may be one of my last trips isn't due to the fishing but to an obligation I made. I will be coaching this winter so that will limit how much fishing I will be able to do. It doesn't mean that I won't be going fishing, but I just won't be able to go as often.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
I'll be there...

Saturday morning at the South parking lot as I do not have a 4X4. I have a red Old Cutlass. I usually park there and take my stuff over the dunes with my surf cart.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts