Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When do they usually start running? What type of bait and rig are preferred by these monsters? Is there walk on access at AI that will put you close to the action? I have some vacation scheduled for mid October and would love to give it a shot. Anyone else interested? Tight Lines To All! Murphman:)

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Any day now, any day now. I'd plan for late September if I were you. Once these hurricanes pass, the first few should show up.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
So that being said is there a good possibility to get a nice cow striper and a nice big redfish on the same outing at AI with the same type of bait? AI does have a small area where you can walk on and fish right before the orv area.

·
Registered
44 Posts
REDS AND ROCK

you bet there is i have yet to get a big red but have had my chances and blew a few i have seen it done !!ZOOM

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Revised regs for red drum, coastal or bay; one fish per day, 18 to 27 inches, only.

Should begin running any time now.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Am down, & set in the starting blocks. Just waiting for the gun to sound! Reds action should be reeaall soon now.

Soapfish

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
I'd wager the first big boy will show up on AI some time next week. The first big red in Tidewater/Kitty Hawk should show around the 20th. Expect a peak in the last week or Sept./first week of Oct.

You can catch them at the same time as stripers, but the action's usually better on the linesiders later on after the big drum have cleared out.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Well Flea it might be a week or two more depending on this hurricanes path but am ready when they start showing up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts