Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone provide me with the following information regarding AI?

1. Are there any good tackle shops around AI and if yes then what are their timings?
2. Is AI open 24/7 for fishermen?
3. What are the fishing licensing requirements for AI?
4. Is AI pretty much the same as the Assateague State Park? What i mean is that if i punch in the address of the park in mapquest will i have problems getting to the AI surf fishing area?

I am relatively new to fishing and to this area and i have found people on this board to be quite helpful so will appreciate useful feedback.

DS

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx

Thanks Sandcrab for the prompt response. I had already seen that website and was trying to make sure that AI you guys refer to is the same as the Assateague State Park. I did not find any tackle shop info on the web though ...

DS

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
There is one on the right hand side about 2 miles before the park. I have never been in there but have seen it many a times heading into A.I. The state park is right next to the part everyone else is talking about. You just turn right and follow the signs to the orv area. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Generally, like to have all I need prior to departure (except for the Italian Hoagie from Wawa in Cambridge where we fill up with gas last time before "beachin' it"). Extra rigs tied, and if planned well, bunker cut for the start (plastic bags), and as waiting for that hit, cut some more. Like to be "fishing" between 5:30 am and 7:00 am, and will continue through darkness and if off, through a good portion of the following day.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Delmarva is an absolutely first class opperation.

On Rt. 50 in West Ocean City, right before the turn-off for AI.

Delmarva Sports Center; RT 50 at Golf Course Rd., West Ocean City, MD 21842

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Thanx fishunter! I couldn't remember the name. Like I said I saw it but never stopped by there. I'll make sure to next time I am down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Delmarva Sport Center is GONE!!

The store has been demolished and there is now a Gas/Quickmart store on the corner!

AI off road vehicle (ORV) "da beach" requires a permit from the NPS. You can get one at the rangers station on the island. it cost approximately $75 in addition to the daily park fees.

·
Registered
7 Posts
They did tear down the old Delmarva Sports Center but they reopened right next door in the new little strip center. I haven't been in since it reopened but it looks like it should be nice.

Tight lines...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.