Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THATS IT!! SCREW THIS CABIN FEVER!!! We(me and FL Fisherman) have spent way toooo much money on fishing stuff and read toooo many fishing books and prayed way to hard for spring. So we are planning a trip to AI sometime between 27-30 March. We will be going to ORV area for the first time. We have fished AI several times but need some locations to try in the ORV area.Anyone have any insight? Anyone want to met there?

Rods are all cleaned, reels are all greased up, spools are full of fresh line, new license in pocket and tackle box is fully stocked, now we just need some fish.

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
Axon...I wouldn't mind hooking up with you guys for some AI fishing. I've got to get a ORV permit. I don't know any hot spots in the ORV area but as you know they can change daily, just have to read the beach/breakers. End of March sounds good, gives me enough time to get together the necessary ORV equipment (permit, tow rope, board(s), tire deflaitors, shovel) you know what I mean. At least you don't have to fight the black flies this time of year.

Catman.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Catman, we still have to get that stuff together also. But we still have plenty of time.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Any one still interested? Axon and I were wondering if the temps were going to cooperate with us. Any input?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Axon and FL Fisherman,might I suggest heading south to Sandbridge to get some horse croakers, I have first hand info that they are there.That is where I will be heading if I not working that weekend.Go to NOAA website and look at ocean temps. along the eastern seaboard.Just my .02

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That what we were thinking about but did not make a desion yet. We really want to fish AI's ORV area for the frist time, but we dont want to get skunked.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Guys,

I haven't heard of anyone catching any stripers at AI lately. Lots of reports of some stripers being taken at IRI (bucktail/worm combo)and the DE surf (clams).

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
As soon as some positive reports come in from AI I'll be ready to go. :D Got to get some spring fishing in there before the black flies take over. :p

Catman.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ah, the Ides of March. My die was cast in January, when certain cosmic forces led me to purchase cheap tickets (Southwest Airlines $68 O/W) to Florida, as March can be "dicey" in the Mid-Atlantic States. Go right:
http://home.cfl.rr.com/floridafishing/charter.htm#Party

Or go left:
http://www.hubbardsmarina.com/

Does it really make any difference ? I'll be back up in the Mid-Atlantic area in May when my memory is cleansed of the bad snow shoveling memories...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts