Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried fishing AI walk over area last saturday without any luck. We arrived at the crack of dawn to rough conditions and a 15-18mph winds. The surf was rough. I was the only one holding with 8oz sputniks. We were able to tough it out for maybe an hour before giving up. The winds were getting stronger so we decided to give the 3rd street bulkhead a shot.

We got to the bulk head around 930-10am. The tide was ripping real fast. We had sand fleas and green crabs. At first the green crab were producing bites but then the fish switch to sand fleas. I caught my first keeper Tog around 1230 after 13 snags. It was 15.5 inches caught on sand fleas. Everyone was catching fish. Lots of dink sea bass along with dink togs. The group next to us managed to pull up at least 3 keepers while we were there. We left around 130pm once the rain started to pick up. At that point we just wanted some warm food.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wrong Date

Haha just realized that I wrote the wrong date. I can't fish in the future. This was October 18th. Last Saturday.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Plenty of tog around the bulkheads, the inlet and the bridge. You should get a better class of fish on the crab but plenty of keepers are caught on sandfleas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts