Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody here ever try it. Haven't been since back in the 70's in Minnasota and Wis. Do miss it. I'd shore try it here in the mounteens if we ever got the ice, but ain't happened since "77". wdbrand.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Last year I knocked my cooler over and was standing on the ice when I made a cast.Does that count?:rolleyes:I only got one cast as the ice melts pretty quick when it's 93º.I must say,it did feel good on the feet while it lasted.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Ice fishing

Ice fishing is a completely different experience, for me at least..

We used to fish Wolford Reservoir in Grand County, CO. No cooler needed for the wobbly pops...:beer:

Pretty fun, snowmobiles, cracking ice, and a bunch of buzzed country folk...:D:D

Lot's and lot's of small Rainbows eating the little ice jig tipped w a meal worm.

And hell, hit the streams and rivers, it's rainbow spawning season and they get aggressive if you float a wolly bugger by their nest...

Skunk

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Have Ice Fished all my life,went today caught 25 Brim a few 10" tomarrow we go for Yellow Perch! LOVE TO FISH
I spent 10 LOOOONG years in oscoda/alpena, MI. Had to take up fishing through a hole in the water. even the bowling alley owner went south for the winter. I did catch lots of perch, pike and walleye. coldest I fished was -56 with the wind chill, fish froze as soon as you pulled them(so did my barley pops). Its great to be home!!!!!!:fishing:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.