Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
A/S/L. Now that's a first for P&S. And, might I add, hopefully a last.

I'm expecting my first "warning" e-mail right about now. Probably as soon as SF locates a pair of soccer shoes. :D

I got rid of the DSL yesterday. Dial up only now. So that e-mail won't probably make it to me any time soon. :D

Welcome aboard!!! Me..I'm probably in the 3rd quarter of the group. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha well i myself am 14 also and going on 15 thanks for the welcome :D and tight lines to you all!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Greetings,
This depends on the time of year it is --- Jan., Feb., and Mar., I'm 56 years old. Come May and so forth, I'm 15 years old all over again!

Soapfish

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
fishnkid

Something along the lines of lost youth being regained. Fishing season is closed for 3 months in the year. When we adults finally get out of the house, we act like kids who never seem to keep anything on our minds except fishing.

As for the 156 I'm with you on that one. :confused: Unless you divide those three months into the 156 years.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Let me put it this way I have fishing rods and reels that I use, that I bought new and they are twice as old as you.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
fishinkid

Hold that thought. The years do pass quickly. Pretty soon you too will be reading:

"so im young who care i still enjoy fishing."

It does get worse though. By the time you're at our ages, you will have developed an irreversible habit. Nothing like living in the responsible years. Responsible for everything. Paying for your own gear, bait, transportation, rent, groceries, etc.... I know you can hardly wait. :D

BTW: Hope you are saving up now I. That first buy can really deplete your wallet.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Im 17 going on 18, and have been fishing since I was 4, when I was five I almost had my master anglers award that year I had caught a citation

Gray trout
spot
croaker
flounder
and Black sea Bass

,but its been 12 years so I dont remember any of that!!

TIGHT LINES AND KEEPER WEAKS!! ;)

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Fishnkid - It's great to see that wide eyed eagerness in your messages especially when you outfish some of these old salts.
As far as ages go, I got my Penn 8500ss about when you were born and it's still in excellent shape.
If you're really into fishing and are looking into colleges, check out Old Dominion University in Norfolk. It's close to all the spots here and it's a quick trot to the OBX. And if your interested in marine biology, we (odu alum here) have an excellent program.
I remember the days of leaving 4400 Club at 1am and heading to Lynnhaven pier (with adult beverages) for an all night fishing extraveganza. Ohh, those were the days.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I old enough to tell you that My father gave me a Garcia Mitchell 301 for my 10th Birthday

·
Registered
291 Posts
hey chest2head thats a good idea. Another thing i was thinking about was the coast guard. That would give me experience with boats and plus i would be on the beach all the time. I used to live in that area so yea it wouldnt be like fishing in a new place. About the old rods. MY grandfather gave me a few of his rods and they work great. I prefer to stick to my newer 1s but if i have to use one of his(30 years old probably) i will.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey chest2head
I was a doorman at 4400 club for 4 years back in the mid 80's
My wife is a ODU grad
I kinda went there.............
by the way im 38
but my kids say Im still a teenager at heart!!!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts