Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I bother going to either Playalinda or Cocoa Beach Pier on Friday, or will the water still be screwed up because of the storm?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
?????????

About 5 pm this evening I took a look at the surf and there was quite a bit of wave action going on still from the winds we had .
The surf was quite dirty as well . 4 to 7 footers . The surfers were in there glory. I could look for ya in the AM and let you know what it looks like but that might not matter being I'm south of Cocoa Beach 15 min or so. I only have to walk across A1A to check it out.
I would think the surfers might still be out there in the AM from todays swells. Has not been that rough for awhile. Maybe the winds will blow in some warmer water Temps I hope.
I'm goin fishin in the Indian River in the AM.

Good Luck and let me know.
There's always the Tiki Bar at the Pier:D

Hey I thought the Cocoa Bch Pier had a surf Cam you might be able to see the surf conditions through it.

Her's a link to take a peak in the AM
http://www.angelfire.com/fl/boardheads2/surfcams.html

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nahhh I chickened out and went to the range instead. Good thing too. Left the range about 1200 (it's up in Chulotta) and got poured on by the time I got home to East Orlando at 1230.

Any luck fishing the IR?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Skunked But the Net Works Great

Hey Mark
I got skunked on the Pier on friday fished till about 10 AM then went and visited my favorite walmart associate and purchased a new cast net . Went back to the Melbourne Bch Pier to try it out about 12 till about 4 PM. Live lining mullet but got skunked again.
Did meet a very good looking FWC Officer . Very cute young lady.
Saw her going down the Pier and asked her if she was with the FWC , she said she was and she asked me how long I was going to be Fishing she wanted to ask me a few questions. I told her for a couple hours and I was there till about 4 PM. She said she had to go to Sabastian Inlet and she would stop on her way back.
I fished and she never returned . I sure hope I run into her again.
I think I will being that I told her about the lack of seeing any of the FWC officers ever being around there when you see violations taking place. Hope she returns I have a couple question I want to ask her like whats your phone number then will move on to the fishin questions.:D

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Should have used that new cast net on her...she sounded like a keeper!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts