Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been fishing for a long time with some real old equipment. I'm looking into buying two new rods and reels. one for casting lures, the other for throwing heavier stuff (6-7 ounce). I do the majority of my fishing from the surf. I've heard a lot of good things about the solaris and the ocean master. If any of you all have any reccomendations or preferences on rods and reels, I would really appreciate your input.

-addicted

·
Registered
49 Posts
I love Tica's. Can't have enough of them.
I cast lures in the inlets with a couple of 7'ers and chuck bait in the surf with a couple of 10'+ rods. They're all the cork handle rods outfitted with Diawa Lunar? reels. I like the action of them. I don't think they can be beat for the same price. You can check the rods and reels out, rods are on sale, at digitaldagger.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Addicted, the reels I have on my outfits are all Diawa Lugunar 3500 and 4000. They feel real nice on the thin cork handle of the Tica's. I am working with some casing issues of my own on the Long Casting forum but they are issues of my own and have nothing to do with the gear.
Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts