Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all!

I am comin to VA beach this weekend and want to do some surf fishing. I usually go to SC Hunting Island but wanted to do something different this year. We are staying at the Trav-L-Park campground til Tues.

I have surf gear just hoping to get some info. of what to throw. I see some folks using jigs there. What is the best bait and program? Where should I go? I called one of the bait stores and they didn't seem very helpfull. Just thought that all of you nice folks here could help.

Also, were's the best seafood restaraunt for the money in VA Beach?

Thanks much,

Eric

·
Registered
508 Posts
Can anyone help please? I hate to go somewhere blind.

Thanx,

E[/QUOTE
Surf fishing this timie of year is hit and miss . Sure you can catch croaker and spot just about anywhere. I usually travel to Nc. to go surf fishing but back bay is probaly your best shot in Va. it's down past Sand bridge. Rudee
is also good for flounder and pups. 3/8 oz jig heads with gulps worked slow on the bottom will produce. Pier fishing in Va. is probaly better than surf depending on what you want to catch.. So what kind of fisherman are you
Do you like double bottom rigs or fishfinders with a big ole piece of bait ?What
size fish do you like to target? Do you want to catch small fish at a fast pace or maybe just one Big one for the trip ? I might go to different spots depending on my target;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In SC I have usually used a double hjooked steell leader on the bottom with squid and caught lots of sharks and rays. I would really like to catch something we can eat but big fish are always fun. I can fish Fri. thru Mon. So I think I can try a few different patterns. I have to surf rigs and I have some heavyweight bass rods, I can take both.

Thanx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts