Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Ran across this great site while planning a road trip to the East Coast and I was hoping you could help me.

I'll be in the Baltimore area in about a week and I was hoping to do some pier fishing (or any fishing for that matter). I was wondering what the best spots would be, whether these spots rent equipment, and whether any of my light tackle freshwater setups will be of any use. I've got a couple of setups all between 6-10 lb test that I'm bringing (buddy and me are taking a road trip and fishing here and there the whole way). Will this be useful or should I rent equipment?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
I don't know that the light stuff will do you too much good. There are a couple of places to fish in Baltimore or near there (Fort Smallwood).
Mostly though, you need to go closer to annapolis. If you have a day or night in mind that you want to fish, you may be able to hook up with some P&S regulars. There aren't really any piers here that rent equipment.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bring whatever rod you have that throws
1/2 to 4oz. You never know when you will need it.

If you have a salmon rod that will throw
up to 2oz ans is morw than 8ft long bring
that -- its useful for LD casting.

When my dad comes down for a visit, we often
throw 2 or 3 lines out far, and 2lines close,
then bother the fish under the pier pilings.

The piers in Virginia (and I assume Md too)
are built on logs driven into the sandy ocean
or bay bottom. NOT SOLID CRETE like the
piers on the Great Lakes
(I grew up in N. Michigan) :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey! Minnesotan!!!

I am from Virginia and I am finishing my 2 year obligation with my company here in Minnesota. When I go to Virginia, I try to do as much saltwater fishing as i can. Forget the fresh water stuff! While you are there drive to Chesapeake bay,Ocean City,or any easternshore and try to catch some blues,Stipers,flounder,sharks,cobia or croakers. You might have tiger musky here in Minnesota but we have some fishes in saltwater that could have tiger musky for breakfast... :D hope you have fun..

·
Registered
490 Posts
When you get here look up FL fisherman he has loys of extra rods bet he would let you use one :D

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Good one :cool: :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts