Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe an admin could make the York ditch an addition to the VA Hot Spots? ...and maybe also list an address or landmark to plug into Mapquest for directions? Hey...make the address link to a mapquest form page that fills in the destination information. This would be a healthy addition to all hotspots and might help stop all the posts for directions.

Anybody agree? Any other additions to hot spots?

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
I posted an address that works in mapquest a while back. The York Co Hot Ditch is a very small place so please leave it for people willing to "search"(look up) or just pull out a map of the York River (Maps are a great thing). The info has been given several times. I don't mean to be a jerk and I really dont fish there often but it can easily be overcrowded and some people disapointed.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
The best way to get an addition to the Hot Spots is to photograph the spot, write it up, and send it to Flea. He is super busy doing other non-P&S things.

It's not hard - just takes some time. I wrote up the IRI article in DE and have three more DE articles that I am currently working on.

Drop me an email if you need help getting started. ;)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Sandcrab.

I was actually planning to something along those lines this spring on shad fishing and this summer on the OBX.

I will definitely message you for tips...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just to chime in- I don't think it belongs on here. Not so much just because it is a small hole or anything, but because it is property of VA-Dominion and they retain the right whether or not to let anyone out there.

Seems every few years they clean house and start chasing people away, or the ones without permission. Dominion usually doesn't make much of a fuss about it unless things are getting out of hand out there. Back when it was just VA Power- things were worse.

Tight lines,

Salty

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also agree. The ditch is a rather small place. It gets easily crowded and over the past couple weeks it has been expecially crowded. I have to say I was not to pleased about the write up in the paper last week. There were more people than I have ever seen in my life and the majority were fresh faces. That is not good. I would hate to see us fisherman lose the right to fish, which could very well happen if this keeps up. I would hate to see the people that fish this spot everyday not be able to anymore. It's not that I don't like people, it just seems that more and more places are being restricted from fishing around here and I would hate to see the power plant be added to the list. I am also worried about Yorktown and if they will place any fishing restrictions after they are done with all their construction. The pier is already prohibited, Whats next? I'm sure Dominion has complained a few times, as a game warden has warned us that he recieved a call and was forced to drive all the way from the M+M bridge just to check permits. Not even licences, by the way he did say trespassing was a $2500 fine. I like to fish and I like other people to be able to fish, but if this place stays as crowded as it's been so much for my and plenty of other peoples frequent local fishing hole.
Tim

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I say let it stay low profile....less people /less riff-raff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts