Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
search in the bible. you know most 6500 and 6600 are the same other than the thumb bar...

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
did you take the thumb bar out???

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
search for the blue yonder rebuild thread and it goes back the same way on your reel.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Yeah I looked at that and it dose not go back the same way, I have a 6600CL rocket, there is a little sprin thing that is not in the blue younder.
that spring that you are refering to is not a nessesary (sp?). On my reels I like to leave have it in, because it makes it a little harder to engage the main gear agai. On some models of Rockets it is not installed, so when you press teh spool release it is a little easier to press, and a lot easier to re-engage the spool. IF you dont have the spring in and barely bump the handle it will re-engage, if teh spring in it takes a little more pressure to re engage. The sping slides ove the small post and hooks to one of the spool release parts. you can look up a reel schematic at mikesreelrepair.com or google abu garcia

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.