Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i purchased an abu garcia c4 and was told the only down side about it is the drag on it. is this true? i got the reel for light saltwater fishing( bluefish, spot, croaker, etc) and for fishing largemouth bass in brackish water. i just want peoples input about the reel and what they use it for

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
if it's the new model it has the carbon washers like SC said... if it's the old model for what you're talking about the factory drag is still good...

·
Registered
506 Posts
I've got a 5600 C4, carbon drags, very smooth reel and drags. It is royal blue with gold accents.

I use it on a 7'6" casting rod for blues and macks on my Florida beaches and it works very well.

It's a good caster, too. I can throw a 1 or 2 oz spoon and unload half the spool without really trying :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont know if its the new one or old one. i just bought it from bass pro 3 days ago. it was the one in the add that you get 15 bucks off with the mail in rebate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.