Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I scored a cheap 6500C3 and I thought it'd be fun to convert it. Mainly looking for the bar, studs, handle and bearings. What are some US based places to get the parts? Everything I have been able to find has been in the UK and I'd rather keep it at home, if possible.

Or, if anyone has said parts just laying around, let me know.

Thank's y'all!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I have been seeing. How quick is the shipping? Is that Pimp My Reel guy still around too?

·
Super Moderator
1,963 Posts
There are three CT cages on ebay right now all in the UK of course..

Do a Search on ebay using ABU CT you should be able to find them from there..

·
Registered
95 Posts
So I scored a cheap 6500C3 and I thought it'd be fun to convert it. Mainly looking for the bar, studs, handle and bearings. What are some US based places to get the parts? Everything I have been able to find has been in the UK and I'd rather keep it at home, if possible.

Or, if anyone has said parts just laying around, let me know.

Thank's y'all!
Dads ole tackle

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have a bunch of Swiss Abu's and I just pull off the level winds, tape up the frame holes where the pawl gearing went, remove the level wind gearing on the clicker side to remove any spool drag, then it's good to go. Sometimes I add a mono mag (SurfcastProShop). These are good casting reels that won't break the bank and are capable of serious distance. Load up with good mono and a shock leader and yer good to go. Not as wonderful as an Akios Shuttle, but darned good for serious surf fishing. Oh yeah, all my revolver reels are lefties. ;)

Automotive lighting Headlamp Machine Automotive tire Cylinder

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Camera accessory Headlamp Cameras & optics

Product Material property Corded phone Telephone Automotive tire

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Cylinder Gas Auto part

1 - 12 of 12 Posts