Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surely there are other recipes worthy of listing. :rolleyes: Come on guys and gals. Cough em up, sorta speaking. ;)

I myself am anxious to try the Sicillian Braised Fish. It looks appetizing. My first catch of bluefish or striper will definitely go into this recipe.

Well......let's have them. :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Triggerfish

Surely there is some recipe you can share. How about something special for Croaker?

BTW: I have just figured out one more ingredient in you famous Bluefish Cakes. A tad of liquid for binding courtesy of The Tank complete with just a subtle trace of contaminants. Yum. :eek: Along with the brown sugar and hot pepper flakes I now have three of the key ingredients.
Keep posting and I'll keep reading cause I'm confident you'll throw another clue out there sooner or later. :p

Next time you plan on an all nighter on a pier let me know and I'll meet you there. After all, someone needs to keep an eye on your tackle when you get a little shut eye.

You don't by chance happen to talk in your sleep, do ya? ;) :D

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
P&S Stirrer- if you could fillet the croaker,this is the way I cook some of the different fish I catch.1)set your oven at 275 degrees. 2)take a pirex pan/a grate(something to lift the fish off of the bottom of the pan)squeeze two lemons into the bottom of pan.3) place fish fillets on grate sprinkle Old Bay on fish.4)thin sliced lemon(paper thin)place onto fillets.5) cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for one hour.The fish will be moist and fall off the skin(steamed fish in lemon juice). Enjoy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Trigger.

That is the complete ingredient list? :rolleyes:

I'm going out tomorrow and I will probably catch some croaker. That's how my luck has been going lately. A lot of unwelcomed surprises.
I have all the other needed ingredients on hand already. The prep is easy. Gotta get out the oven thermometer. All the numbers have worn off the oven dial. I don't want to guesstimate this time. I could end up with a dehydrated end product.

Thanks again for the recipe Trigger.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
many more where that came from. I also have some when you camp out,this making me hungry,I was going to smoke some fish that I got from the west coast, they were sent to me by a family member,but that will have to wait for a nice day.Good luck on your fishing trip,hope you catch something to eat!!!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
I did a mahi mahi filet on the grill the other day. Left in with skin down and never flipped it. Poured one lime's worth of lime juice on it as it grilled.
It was yummy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Try this on Croaker,fry the fillet as you normally would.Make a sauce pan of onion gravy and bring it to a boil then add your fried fish to it just like you would cook pork chops and gravy man talk about some gooood eating! :) :) :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the tips all. My comp went down on 5-16. So I'm doing some catch up here and there.

I finally got a chance to go fishing. And surprisingly enough, I did not catch any croaker. Not counting the first time out when I got a few baby croakers. Lots of roundhead and pigfish on my last outing---but not a single croaker. Also got a nice blue as well as a not so friendly skate.

Nothing beats those roundhead.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
About the roundhead preparation..

I took the quick route and dipped them in some House Autry seafood breader and pan fried them on the stove top. Everyone seemed to like them...or else they didn't want to insult the cook.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sandcrab...I know you can relate to this

shortcuts are welcomed when moving into a new house. I'm still cutting corners with the limited time I have.

I look forward to seeing your recipe submission.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts