Pier and Surf Forum banner

A weekend of fishing with my boys.

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Drumdum 
#1 ·
Still my favoroite thing in all the world.

We got to the Rusty Ritz just in time for a "Drive by Hatting", well Hat 80 stopped by for a brief visit anyway. Always a pleasure Clyde and it was nice to meet the Mrs., she must be something to put up with you full time.

After Hat left, me and the boys hit the beach Trout rods in hand for a little Recon mission. Little Wilber, Spencer, 7 said we should have a fishing tournament and it would take 2 fish to win. Middle Wilber, Matt, 17 and I agreed, so the games began.
There is a pretty hole just South of the Kitty Hawk line , so Spence and Matt started casting. Spence was using an ultralite and a Finess and Matt was using bucktail and I was just taking it all in. Spence drew first blood with a 14 inch Bluefish, with Matt responding with his own 14 inch Bluefish shortly afterwards. Dad was still fishless. After 30 minutes of casting we figured the fish were gone and Matt and I stood talking about the situation, then Spence hooks something a bit bigger than his first fish and it was off to the races. He did really good for a 7 year old and worked the fish in about 100 yards down the beach, washed him in on a wave and looked for all the world like a seasoned fisherman. By this time a small crowd had collected on the beach and everyone cheered. Spencer pronounced himself the tournament winner and we headed back to the Ritz for some "Fish Sticks".
Sure does swell a man's heart to see his kids fishing. I think we just might do it again this weekend.

Below is the "Tournament Winner" with his catch.

See less See more
#7 ·
Aint it funny how kids would rather whup dad in a contest than eat icecream on a hot day :p ya got one there to be proud of.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.