Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read all the time on this board that people are at the same place at the same time but don't know who the other person is. Might I suggest tieing a blue ribbon or something to your tackle box so we might find each other. Post your thoughts, maybe we can come up with something...Tightlines

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Hat,

You're right! Lots of time I come back from a trip only to find out that I was fishing next to people that post on this site!

I found that by following the website and noticing what other users talk about as their rods/reels, surfcarts, clothing, etc. really helps to identify PS users in the field. McCrea walked up to me at SPSP one day and said "Are you Sandcrab"? He knew me by sight.

Maybe if we all wore PS hats or hooded sweatshirts (getting cold now) we could identify each other. :)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Just look for the only guy on the jetty who is togging with Conventional outfit. I will also be knocking those buck toothed fishies silly. You'll know it is me when ya see my cooler full of blackies.

I am a young white guy with an afro that would make any black man jealous. That is another sure way to identify me.

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
When I'm fishing the Tank and taking that long 1 1/4 mile walk to the end of the pier/bridge I know I'm passing some TF guys because I read their post later the day or the next morning. So the next time you see an old, white haired guy wearing a red baseball hat (Triggerfish gave it to me) and pushing a gray food servece type cart that's me, CATMAN. Stop me and say hi, I'm really not a bad guy. Aside from that I'm going to stencil CATMAN on the sides of the cart.

Catman.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings all!

I'm pretty easy to recognize with my red beard and New Jersey Angler hat with the Cape May Tournament pin. I'll slap P&S stickers on my fish coolers. Feel free to come up and introduce yourselves... I hardly ever bite anymore!

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
sand flea

I probably should know the answer to this question, but here goes anyway. Can you scan one and e-mail it to me? I could use it as a background and print up a few to make cd labels for my pier and surf stored data as well as print up about 8 rectangular shaped ones for my coolers.
Just thought I would ask anyway. I know there may be copyright issues of concern to you. But I promise not to copy wrong anything.
Oh well. Save a few for me til next year. Please. Maybe some day. Maybe sometime. Maybe somewhere I'll run into you. :(
If that didn't work, should I start forming tears in a last effort plea? :eek:

Thanks

Manayunk thanks for reminding me. I have to make a dentist appointment soon. :D

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
If anybody wants some of these stickers, just mail me offline and I'll give you my mailing address. Send me a self-addressed stamped envelope and I'll mail one back to you.

And I'm not worried about copyright--I own it, and I give permission to anyone who wants to use it for non-commercial purposes.

You know, it's funny how you can fish next to someone, sometimes for years, and find out you know them from online. I can't tell you how many times I've been fished from AI down to the OBX and had someone give me a funny look, then walk over and say, "Are you sand flea? I thought you were older." :cool: I know lots of other people on here have had similar experiences.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.