Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ralph,

I met a guy at SPSP today who was telling me about some kind of bayfest at SPSP this weekend and he said that he would be teaching some safecasting techniques and some casting skills for people with difficulty casting normally. He said his name was Earl and he asked my name. When i told him my name was Ralph he stated that his partner's name was Ralph and he performed a casting technique called a backcast. I was just wondering if you were the Ralph he was referring to. If so can you give me some ore info on the happenings at SPSP this weekend???

MC

·
Registered
797 Posts
SPSP 11/1 & 11/2

MC, yes that's me. Unfortunately I can not be there this weekend, so Earl is the best guy to talk to about this event. He can give you all the details. He left some literature for me yesterday at my apartment so if you do not hear from him I can e-mail you some of the information.
It is my understanding the "bayfest" activities are not limited to fishing, in fact there will be other "outdoor" type of activities for kids exhibited there. Our part included an introduction and/or reinforcement of safety techniques kids could employ while fishing. The goal was the kids would hopefully practice these tips and prevent preventable injuries.
You see I have physical disability, and some of these kids do too. So Earl though the kids could relate to me since we share a similar experience. It is expected to be a worth while program; but I have a scheduling conflict.
Please remind me to get that information for you if you do not here from me by the end of the day today.

ralph

1 - 2 of 2 Posts