Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was the mhrs 11 footer. Who say's you can't get a deal on ebay. Unfortunately I got a 12 sealine x for christmas, so my wife would have given me a hard time. I have resently gotten a few good reels from ebay for a very fair price.

Rich

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Yeah, I have an 11 ft rod I got on ebay for like $30--its a Daiwa. It was a good deal.
It better than my Ugly stick anyhow and half the price.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
There's an auction on eBay that this NJ guy runs and he always has 9 and 10'6 Tica spinning rods. I'm not sure of the models but they are corked gripped and the 10'6 is rated at 3-8. I've seen the 9 go for as low as $38. He has a bunch but only goes on auction maybe every other day.
The seller on eBay is HarleeRod. I've bought several reels from him and he's a reputable seller.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I shop eBay all the time and have been getting some good deals on saltwater gear.Bought a 12'Jarvis Walker tuff tip spinning rod for $36.Got it from James Tackel.Jim is sure a good guy to buy from.I dont know much about surf gear,is a Penn 750 a good choice for this rod. used ones going for about half price of new. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Digital Dagger also has Tica's on ebay. I called the 800 number on the auction site and got the rod cheaper than the going price. Great customer service as well. [email protected] is the the listed seller name.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Almost purchased a diawa sealine xb boat rod with diawa spinning reel for 60.00 including shipping. The rod listed for 110.00 at digitaldagger.com not counting the reel or new spool on 25lb test line. I didn't get to the reserve on ebay and the guy would sell it for 60.00 if it was done as a private sale. Since I didn't know him, I wouldn't do it. It's really a shame the rod and reel were new and never used. I would have been great to use out on the party and charter boats. Now I'll have to stick with my penn longbeach rod.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have bought from harlee rod before on ebay. Good service and great prices. I picked up an Accurate Boss 665HXM for under $325 with shipping. Quite a deal.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Hey Baran

Check the feedback on the guy you wanted to buy the rod from. You can usually find out if he's legit or not from that.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He had tons of great feedback, but after seeing some of the items he sold prior, I wasn't sure he would be just as honest as a private sale. How would you say this politely, he seemed to be someone who would be in a supremist compound somewhere in the midwest. Actually, that's where he was moving and was selling all of his fishing items.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
So the skinhead was moving back to his roots?
He would have fit in well in NC.

OUCH.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Thought I should add I was just kidding. I don't know the man nor anyhting about him.
But, if he's into fishing...he must have something right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts