Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Icey-Tek Coolers

I was putting two large bags a day in my igloo... I got the 95L and can maintain the ice level I want with a small bag a day... a large bag a day it's blazing hot and if I keep the lid open all day. They will hold block ice for 6 to 10 days. I put 3 two liter bottles of frozen water in mine (along with the crushed, of course) and 10 days later they still had ice in them!

IT-25 - 102.00
IT-40 - 113.00
IT-60 - 130.00
IT-70L (long) - 158.00
IT-80 - 156.00
IT-95L - 204.00
IT-100 - 194.00
IT-120 - 212.00
IT-125L - 226.00
IT-150 - 247.00
IT-170L - 406.00
IT-200 - 295.00

They have them all the way up to 1100 quarts for 1480.00, but I think you could probably find one to fit your needs out of the list above.

Icey Tek Cooler Review

The Chesapeake Angler January 2003

Recently I had the opportunity to try out a new cooler made by ICEY-TEK. I was given the 95-quart model to try out. The representative told my to check out the cooler and to be brutally honest. So here are the results of my evaluation of this cooler.

This cooler is built like a tank and can take just as much abuse. The cooler is make of food grade polyethylene it will not retain odor or stains. The material is the same that cutting boards are made of, but ICEY-TEK does not recommend cutting bait on top of their coolers. The hinges are electro welded to the lid and the cooler. This process makes the hinges as strong as any part of the cooler. There are no screws to pull put or hardware to rust. The lid is also secured to the cooler by nylon cord that in turn is attached to electro-welded grommets. The also have full length molded in handles at each end for carrying ease. This is the only empty cooler that I have seen that will not tip over when you open the lid. The ICEY-TEK cooler has somewhat of a rough finish, but I got over that quickly when I saw how well it performed. It is a lot lighter than it looks and may weigh only a few pound more than its competitors. It also has 1-inch drain plugs with strainers on each end. My favorite feature is the opening handles and the latch that allows you to pad lock the cooler. This cooler can take some serious abuse, as you will see in the next section.I was told to try and break this cooler so that is exactly what I set out to do.

My first test was to stand on top of the 95-quart version, I cant tell you how many times my old coolers have become casting platforms or stools. I weight about 200 pounds, I even jumped up and down a few time and didn't fall through. This was a test so I wouldn't suggest that you do this. My second test was to drop the cooler from the back of my truck. First with the door closed then with the door open. The hinges and the support cord held together and did not break. For the third test I twisted the lid and tried to stress the hinges, no breakage. I am very confident that this cooler can take the normal conditions of a fishing trip.ICEY-TEK also claims that this cooler will keep ice for 10 days. So I filled my 95-quart cooler and checked it every day for 10 days. I kept it in my kitchen so cold weather was not a factor. After 10 days in a 75-degree room, about 2/3 of the ice melted but the temperature inside the cooler remained around constant.

The ICEY-TEK Coolers come in a range of sizes from 25 to 1100 quarts and are available in white or navy blue. They have a cooler for every application even commercial. These are high quality coolers that may seem somewhat expensive but they stand behind their product and will repair and broken hinges. The 95-quart cooler retails for $204, but to me is worth every penny. This cooler will provide years of service compared to other cooler brands.As you can see I dished out about as much punishment as I felt that a cooler would normally get. The ICEY-TEK 95-quart cooler passed with flying colors. Now I am going to put it on my boat and take it fishing.

These posts are from fisherman at RDT that can be trusted ....Tightlines

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
So Hat when are you going to put one up for a door prize for the one who catchs the most during the year and biggest(1 person only) so where can we buy one of these coolers,my wife would kill me if I came back with one.:D

·
Registered
262 Posts
NICE COOLERS...

But they sure are expensive.:) pelican man. It would not be the 1st time that I spent $150-200 on something for fishing; but I'm not sure if this is on my list. NOT YET!!! Thanks for the info. :) Larry aka pelican man.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Noticed when I was at th Roost getting bait in Hatt, that they had replaced their igloo150s with these coolers. Gonna check em out closer, wait till next summer. Gotta save my pennies. :D

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I just bought a new cooler. Wish you woulda put this out a few months ago.
-Anthony

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Hey Anthony your cooler is pretty nice, I think you are good with that. I may look into getting one of these next year but like cdog said I have to save my pennies.(Keeping my .02 for the cooler fund:D )

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey double D,

I don't know what kind of cart you got but I just put mine on sideways. It makes allot more room in the cart itself that way.

The Icey-Tek website says, "Dual Drains, Multi-Hinged, Insulated Lids, Completely Lockable, Full Width Rails" about all their coolers.

I know RDT has them, go check with Sparky. I'm sure he would be more than happy to help you out. I can't find them in VA, guess I'll have to order one. I'm going with the 95L myself....Tightlines

·
Registered
440 Posts
I wrote that review for the Chesapeake Angler. I still have the 95, and have a 70 long coming. Icey Tek is donating four coolers for the Lynnhaven Fly Tournament for Prizes. They have now reinforced the hinges so they are even more bombproof.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey ruthless,

Thanks for the info. Is there anyplace in the Metro area that carry the Icey-Teks? I would like to get the 95Long. I'll be in Hatteras next month and I know that RDT has them. I would get one now thoe if I could find it someplace....Tightlines

1 - 10 of 10 Posts