Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend came over and fished the beach behind my house..noon till 4pm he caught 19 spot and 4 other fish that look like spot but had no spot on them...looks like a small mangrove snapper to me...all on blood worms.....i'm heading over to the end of the spit to see if the flounder is biting .

·
Registered
885 Posts
Hay Kajun,
I've been waiting for the fall Spot run to start. Were the one's he caught of any size and what bait was he using? Hope you had some luck on your try. I'm gon'na give it a try later this week. Where ya fishing? Maybe we'll meet up and catch a couple.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea they were all about hand size or alil bigger than ya hand... he was using bloodworms...he was on the beach between 9th view and 10th view in willoughby....he also said he missed about as much as he caught..

i just came back from the end of the spit, 4:30pm to 7pm...i didnt catch anything..used bloodworms,cut spot,live minnows, and some crab in the surf for puppy drum..nothing:(....seen one guy catch a 19" flounder on cut pig fish....that was it...was getting windy and water started choppin up so i left...i have yet to catch fish at the end of spit....i know they are there just have to wait for my day i guess lol...

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Kajun

next time you're at the spit and the fish ain't biting........just
click your reels together and repeat this phrase..."there's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home."

You have prime location where you live. I can only imagine what it would be like to wake up each morning, look out my window, and see that view...... water as far as the eye can see. Now that's something that would wake me up quicker than a cup of java. I'm sure many would agree.

Hang in there!:cool:

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well there is a set of condos blocking my view lol... i have to walk 40 ft then i can see the water lol

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
So tell me

why are you living at that dump, at that dump, at that dump, dump, dump?
(hope you've heard that commercial):rolleyes:

Yeah, those condos are popping up everywhere.

Well, be it ever so humble...there's still no place like home.:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts