Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ..i am new to this place....i appricate some info from some locals i am considering renting a house on ocean drive west in emerald isle...i will be there for labor day weekend....questions ..
is this a good area?
are there any fish in the suds?
what is the best headboat for a 12 hour + grouper trip?
are there any open charters that a single can get into?
how bad are the bugs?
is bluewatergmac a good company to rent from?

i busted my butt all year for this week and any help to make it a good time will be appricated.

i can repay you with info on st pete and central nj.

thanks gw

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for the response....i am booked to be in emerald isle on aug 30....i dont think i will be able to jump on a headboat till monday which is labor day...maby i wait till tues....in the mean time i will probally try my luck in the surf or inlets which ever seems to be productive....also i will bring my cast net ....do u get any barracuda in this area....what can i expect to catch off the shore in sept? thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
suds

topsail....thank you for response....i just wanna have a good time i release all except small black grouper .seabass.snook. mahi...do u catch snook there?do the peeps on da piers fish live bait...is a done deal i will be there aug 30.....live greenbacks at nite killa specks and snook in da deep channels

:p

·
Registered
823 Posts
BOLT,

use fiddlers and sand fleas for the sheep head and drum. croaker and spot have been real slow. virginia mullet pass thru occasionally. nothing big off the end which is a bummer. good luck my friend

·
Registered
823 Posts
no snook and you have to go futher out into gulf stream for the mahi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts